xgl task-switcher stays open when alt not pressed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xanas3712
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: xgl task-switcher stays open when alt not pressed Reply with quote

Is there any way to change this behavior? I know it has to be addressed somewhere but it's actually sitting in the middle of my screen now and I did search before posting. I just couldn't find it, if I do I'll post here and mark this solved, apologies for what is likely a duplicate topic.

Last edited by xanas3712 on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
xanas3712
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*note* I found the solution that works for some of disabling splash in gconf-editor but that doesn't work for me.

I think it may be becuase i'm starting kdm Xstartup with --replace decoration, etc, etc. rather than using gconf but I'm not sure how to use gconf instead.. nothing without the --replace seems to work.

EDIT:

OK, this worked

compiz gconf --replace

As opposed to

compiz --replace gconf (as I was trying before).

EDIT2:

This is annoying, I marked this solved but I'm unmarking it as compiz gconf --replace will only work from the command line it doesn't seem to work in Xstartup.. I have no idea why.

All I have there is
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib compiz gconf --replace &
sleep 3
gnome-window-decorator &
SaguratuS
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to use kde's "autostart" feature via ~/.kde/Autostart/compiz
Place "compiz --replace gconf & gnome-window-decorator" into a new file there, and you're set.

If you do not have "--replace gconf" in your compiz line, compiz will NOT read your settings, and use it's own internal defaults.

Edit: Also, disabling the splash window type on the fade plugin will fix your task switcher issue, you can also use the vanilla compiz build instead.
Rainmaker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same behaviour. It seems to be something typical to quinnstorm. I resorted to using compiz-vanilla for now.
xanas3712
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaguratuS wrote:
You need to use kde's "autostart" feature via ~/.kde/Autostart/compiz
Place "compiz --replace gconf & gnome-window-decorator" into a new file there, and you're set.

If you do not have "--replace gconf" in your compiz line, compiz will NOT read your settings, and use it's own internal defaults.

Edit: Also, disabling the splash window type on the fade plugin will fix your task switcher issue, you can also use the vanilla compiz build instead.

You are right of course, I was being dumb not to have tried that, though I'm not sure why it works there and not in the other script.

I use autostart scripts for xmodmap and other things.. can't for the life of me figure out why I didn't try it for this.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: