email server shared calendars
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Narusegawa
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: email server shared calendars Reply with quote

I'm currently running a courier-imap based mysql/maildir email server. Most of my users use MS Outlook as their client, and I'm wondering if it's possible I can create some sort of way for users on my email server to share a calendar. Any ideas?
WARNING: It is a violation of federal law to use me in a way inconsistent with my labelling. I am dangerous to humans and domestic animals. Please avoid contact with your eyes and clothing. I should be stored out of the reach of children.
Kurt Steiner
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I understand what you need. Maybe see http://www.zimbra.com/. :)
sternklang
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you're looking for something like Hula? It's not yet in Portage, but you can get it from the Break My Gentoo overlay.
Narusegawa
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for something that "MS Outlook" can synchronise it's calendar with. I already have a webmail type calendar but it's not what I'm after.
WARNING: It is a violation of federal law to use me in a way inconsistent with my labelling. I am dangerous to humans and domestic animals. Please avoid contact with your eyes and clothing. I should be stored out of the reach of children.
sternklang
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you probably want Exchange4Linux. From the FAQ:
Quote:
What is exchange4linux/BILL?
N&H received more and more customer requests asking for a independent workgroup server solution running under LINUX, but using MS-Outook(TM) as the Client on the MS-Windows(TM) Desktop for use with shared calendars and task lists etc. and not limited to e-mail. MS-Outlook(TM) uses a MAPI Service Provider to store workgroup data centrally in MS-Exchange(TM) database or other 3rd party messaging servers. Based on this, N&H decided to start an internal project that implements a storage server that can run on LINUX where different workgroup clients and other applications can exchange workgroup data. BILL is now under the GNU public licence. Since early 2003 we renamed the project to exchange4linux. In the interim you will continue to find references to both names, although they are the same software.
What can e4l do for me?
The intention for N&H to develop e4l was the demand from customers. These customers asked for an opportunity to store their Outlook (TM) workgroupdata centrally on an existing LINUX server. For this purpose N&H also developed a MAPI Service Provider. This MAPI Service Provider can be installed as an service with Outlook 2000, XP and 2003(TM) and talks over CORBA to the BILL server. At the end of the day, BILL together with this MAPI Service Provider and Outlook is a stable, cost effective and scalable way to store and share workgroup data.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: