can't burn vcd from mpg using cdrdao or via k3b
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stardotstar
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: can't burn vcd from mpg using cdrdao or via k3b Reply with quote

I am now only relying on Win Nero for my VCD and DVD burning requirements and having followed the wiki stub on VCD creation and processed one of my torrent .divx.avi's into a pal mpg I tried to write it to my CD Writer drive with:

Code:

wparker@geko /usr/bin $ vcdimager -t vcd2 -l "PBS.Stephen.Hawkings.Universe.1of6.Seeing.is.Believing.divx.mp3.mpg" -c PBS.Stephen.Hawkings.Universe.1of6.Seeing.is.Believing.divx.mp3.mpg.cue -b PBS.Stephen.Hawkings.Universe.1of6.Seeing.is.Believing.divx.mp3.mpg.bin PBS.Stephen.Hawkings.Universe.1of6.Seeing.is.Believing.divx.mp3.mpg

cdrdao write --device /dev/hdc PBS.Stephen.Hawkings.Universe.1of6.Seeing.is.Believing.divx.mp3.mpg.cue

But I get an error as soon as it attempts to write to the drive and the blank 52x CDR Imation media. I took the same file and turned it into a VCD2.0 in one step with Nero and so I caved in and emerged k3b (recompiling dbus with qt support). K3b told me that I needed to encode the mpg myself so I took the above vcdimager created file (created as above) and dragged it into the project.

Once I tried to burn the process began making all the relevant files and directories (I must say it is a very neat and slick app) but failed on beginning writing.

The debug log is here :k3b_debug_log:

I tried this first as a normal user and being warned about running it without root privs I ran it from the terminal as root. No diff.

I have successfully burnt audio cds and data cds with this device and it will play DVD (but not write DVDs so I won't be persuing that!!)

k3b reports the following on my device:

/dev/hdc
ATAPI
HL-DT-ST
RW/DVD GCC-4241N
24x
SAO; TAO; RAW;SAO/R96P;SAO/R96R;RAW/R16;RAW/R96P;RAW/R96R

Could someone help me define the error that is causing this showstopper. I can't think of any other info that would help.

Oh, k3b mentions something about TAO mode sometimes fixing this error but I couldn't see where I could set that.

TIA
Will
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: