View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theophile
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Where are Nautilus settings stored? Reply with quote

I like that in Nautilus, when you set a folder's view properties a certain way, they are retained so you can manipulate the view properties of different folders and all your preferences are saved.

But I'm trying to apply 1 of 3 or 4 "template" settings to a whole bunch of folders and I don't want to manually set each one. I thought there might be a .prefs file or something in each folder I could just copy to other folders which I want to display the same way. Is there anything like this? Is there anything like KDE's file manager which will let me apply a html template to the folder or something?

Thanks!
suicidal_orange_II
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an expert on this but nautilus seems to be creating an xml file in ~/.nautilus/metafiles/file:%2F%2F%2F[FOLDER%2FNAME].xml

not sure what that naming systems supposed to mean but if you delete everything in the folder, change one folder to how you'd like lots to look then write a script to copy the settings to other folder names it should work

Good luck

Suicidal_Orange
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: