Line in problem with MythTV [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoundsToZero
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Line in problem with MythTV [solved] Reply with quote

I recently switched to a new motherboard with a different audio chipset but that still uses the intel8x0 driver. Alsa identifies it as:

Card: SiS SI7012
Chip: Analog Devices AD1888

My TV card is an HD-3000. In digital mode, it works fine, but for analog mode I have to have the line out of the TV card connected to the line in of the sound card. The problem is that when I watch analog TV in MythTV, I only get the left channel of sound. With tvtime, which from what I can tell just plays the line in directly out the line out, I get both channels. So it's not a problem with the hardware. It seems like a MythTV problem. I have Myth setup to use ALSA:default as the audio device, but I think that's a frontend setting so it shouldn't really make a difference. I get left channel only on both the remote frontend and the local frontend, so it seems like a backend problem.

Any ideas?

Last edited by RoundsToZero on Mon May 08, 2006 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
RoundsToZero
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed this problem: while playing with alsamixer views, I went into the "Capture" view. Somehow, only the left channel of the line in was selected for capture (the right channel was being captured from somewhere else where there was no input). I don't know how that happened, and I couldn't duplicate the problem, because as soon as I pressed the spacebar while Line In was highlighted, both left and right channels were selected for capture.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: