View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horatio
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: zero page(s) print, spooling web page, from Konqueror Reply with quote

I've tried printing, all pages and one page, http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051118/chandler_01.shtml from Konqueror( version 3.4.3 on KDE 3.4.3 ) to my HP laserjet 2100 ( no added memory and though parallel port by cups using foomatic/plxmono driver ). I am using app-text/ghostscript-afpl( version 8.53-r4 ). Although, printing the web page failed with a page that had an error:
Code:

PCL XL error
Subsystem: Kernel
Error: IllegalAttribute
Operator: CloseDataSource
Position: 41683

I looked at KDE's KJobsViewer and noticed the number of pages was set to zero while my printer processing light blinks. During several additional attempts, I cancel the job and press the printer's job cancel button a couple of times -- then a couple more times before the job is erased. I've checked the parallel cable at both ends. Also, I tried printing a page from forums.gentoo.org with the same problem.

I was led to believe app-text/ghostscript-esp was the reason for ghostscript errors occurring when printing some web pages as after changing to ghostscript-afpl the errors ceased to occur.

Please, help me print from Konqueror. In advaced, I thank you all.
Horatio
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe today?
Horatio
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tring a Brother HL-1240. i've tried the hl1250, pxlmono and gim-print-ijs drivers. With event one job as root, printing seems to get caught in processing( shown by kde print job manager ). http://localhost:631/printers/bw shows printer state Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
"Printer fault!". usblp is loaded as shown by lsmod. Please help I can't seem to get printing working consistintly.
Horatio
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this solves my problem, I re-emerged net-print/foomatic net-print/foomatic-db net-print/foomatic-db-engine net-print/foomatic-filters app-text/ghostscript-afpl net-print/cups and restarted cups. Then I try to print a test page, but printing is still stuck in processing. Now, after rebooting I print a test page, and well under a minute, I have another copy of a test page. Albeit, I still don't know what was happening before!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: