View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoanhart
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Fast single-click does a double-click! [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hey everone.

I'm using a pretty new installation of Gentoo (done with the Kororaa installer CD) and am having a really weid issue. I have a MX500 mouse, and when I single click quickly (my normal speed), I get a double click! I couln't figure it out at first, because whenever I would click on a folder in konqueror, it would go two levels in. I figured single-click activate was on, but it isn't. If I single click just a bit slower (hold the button down a split second longer), this doesn't happen.

It is reeeeealy anoying, because the threshold speed is right near where I click, so sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. This has caused all sorts of annoyning things, like when I click on a menu, it opens, then closes again. Or when I click a file, it opens though I don't want it it. Or when I click on a launcher button on my pannel, I get two copies of the program running.

I though it might be the mouse, since the left button is a bit worn out. However, it does it on both left and right buttons, and it doesn't happen in windows. Any ideas why this might be happening? Also, is there a way to set a minimum time for double clicking? I know you can set a max (defualt 500ms), but if I could set a minimum, I could eliminate this problem.

Thanks!

Last edited by stoanhart on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
brims
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, I thought that was just my mouse. I own an MX700, sometimes I single click and it acts like I double clicked and does something I didn't want, like close a second window or close 2 tabs in Firefox when I only wanted 1 closed. I'm glad to see that it isn't just me going crazy. Odd thing is, is that it doesn't happen all the time for me. Hope someone has a solution as I would really like to stop this horrible behavior.
stoanhart
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have solved it, by accident. I was trying to get my side buttons working properly, and in the process of messing the the xorg.conf file, the issue disappeared. I think it was one of the following changes that caused it:

1) My "ServerLayout" section pointed to a non-existent input device, since I changed the identifier for the mouse. I fixed that.

2) I tried different protocols for my mouse. I don't remember what the original one was, but the one I am using at the moment is ExplorerPS/2, and it seems to be working.

Those are the only two changes that I can think of that could have fixed my issue.
brims
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the IMPS/2 protocol, I'll check that out, with any luck it'll fix my problem to.
brazzmonkey
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F......... MOUSE !!! i've had the same problem for 2 zarking days. i didn't pay attention at first, but now this is REALLY PISSING ME OFF ! :evil:
DAMN IT !!!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: