View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stillspiraling
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: where'd the icons go?! Reply with quote

Simple, and n00balized post :) I was curious how and where to get my icons after I emerge such items as xmms? to put into my quick launch bar for example in KDE? I found the xmms .xpm icon file but thats about as far as I got! any ideas?

this is basically jsut so I don't have to pull a console window everytime I want to run programs!! a simple click is all I ask for!

Thanks a lot!

Jared
barlad
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean.
If you want to create a link to launch an application from your desktop then, assuming you are using KDE, all that you have to do is "right click > create new... > link to application" then set up the box according to the program you want to run. (in execute, you type the command, you choose the name and then you choose an icon)
You repeat about the same process if you want to create a quicklaunch link. (hell, you can even drag your desktop icon to your quicklaunch panel).

Now if you are asking about where the icons are, then there is no real answer... some of them are in /usr/share/icons, some of them are in the share directory of KDE (that's where most of them are if you are using KDE actually hehe), some of them are in their own directory. To locate them, I always do a "locate myprogram|grep png" (although you have to do an "updatedb" every now and then).
You can have an important list of icons too with KDE by going to the controle center > icons. Those icons are the ones included in the themes you are currently using. If you did not change it, it should be crystalsvg.
stillspiraling
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot for the reply, I didn't expect one at all with that amberrassing of a post :oops:

cheers,
Jared
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: