[solved] amaroK (1.4.0a) cannot play FLAC
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cottonee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: [solved] amaroK (1.4.0a) cannot play FLAC Reply with quote

Hello,
I have been using amaroK for ages but haven't try play it with FLAC before. However, last week I got a FLAC music from my friend and tried to play it. amaroK fail to play any FLAC file, it can't see FLAC at all when it tried to build new DB. I also check that it has FLAC flag turn on when compile amaroK.

Code:
 emerge -pv amarok

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] media-sound/amarok-1.4.0a  -aac -arts -debug -exscalibar +flac -ifp -ipod +kde -linguas_az -linguas_bg -linguas_br -linguas_ca -linguas_cs -linguas_cy -linguas_da -linguas_de -linguas_el -linguas_en_GB -linguas_es -linguas_et -linguas_fi -linguas_fr -linguas_ga -linguas_gl -linguas_he -linguas_hi -linguas_hu -linguas_is -linguas_it -linguas_ja -linguas_km -linguas_ko -linguas_lt -linguas_nb -linguas_nl -linguas_nn -linguas_pa -linguas_pl -linguas_pt -linguas_pt_BR -linguas_ro -linguas_ru -linguas_rw -linguas_sl -linguas_sr -linguas_sr@Latn -linguas_sv -linguas_ta -linguas_tg -linguas_th -linguas_tr -linguas_uk -linguas_uz -linguas_zh_CN -linguas_zh_TW -musicbrainz +mysql -noamazon +opengl -postgres +real -visualization -xinerama +xmms 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB

However, I can play FLAC file with flac123 without any problem. Any one have any idea? :(
Cheers,
-Nat

Last edited by Cottonee on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
mrcs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which sound enginge are you using? I'm using xine with the flac flag set and it's working just fine here. Maybe you forgot to set the flag for you engine?
Cottonee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Xine is my sound engine too. I can play Flac by using xine like: e.g. xine mymusic.fla
and this is my xine-lib flag
Code:
emerge -pv xine-lib
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/xine-lib-1.1.2_pre20060328-r7  +X -a52 -aac -aalib +alsa (-altivec) -arts -asf -debug +directfb +dts +dvd -dxr3 -esd +fbcon +ffmpeg +flac -gnome +imagemagick +ipv6 -libcaca +mad +mng -modplug +nls +opengl +oss +samba +sdl -speex -theora +v4l +vcd -video_cards_i810 -video_cards_nvidia -video_cards_via -vidix +vorbis +win32codecs -xinerama +xv -xvmc 0 kB

The problem was amaroK cannot see any flac files at all. So, the music directory shows nothing but ogg or mp3. any idea? :cry:

mrcs wrote:
Which sound enginge are you using? I'm using xine with the flac flag set and it's working just fine here. Maybe you forgot to set the flag for you engine?
mrcs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry about that. Alas, then I'm no help at all. Have you checked the kde bugzilla? http://bugs.kde.org/
Opera
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
have you tried to put the flac file directly into the playlist ? Maybe you flac file has corrupted tags or no tag at all...

Michael Connelly - The Black Echo
Cottonee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opera wrote:
Hello,
have you tried to put the flac file directly into the playlist ? Maybe you flac file has corrupted tags or no tag at all...

Thanks Opera. that help me fix the problem. :P
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: