Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Adobe Reader 7 / Evince 0.6 - multiple pages on one sheet?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sliwowitz
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Adobe Reader 7 / Evince 0.6 - multiple pages on one sheet? Reply with quote

My question is simple: How can I make acroread-7.0.8 print multiple (eg. 4) pages on one sheet?
I'm sure it was possible, since I've got several documents printed that way from time, where I only had acroread installed for pdf reading, but now it seems I either completely lost this option, or I'm suddenly unable to find it anywhere.
Is it supposed to be in File->Print->Properties? Because I only have a page size option and commandline optrions for lpr here.

I thought evince would do the trick, but the situation is even worse there - it has the option, but when I select 4pgs->1, I get only the first page printed in original size!
sliwowitz
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, adding "-o number-up=4" to the cli options is a possible solution.
Nevertheless I won't add [SOLVED] to the title since I (well actually my brother who has a real fear of the command line) still miss the GUI selection (which I'm sure I used several moths ago). (Not to mention the evince trouble. This time proprietary sw beats opensource in the field of communication with the most widespread linux printing layer which is a SHAME for evince)
[edit] fixed typo
Johny the Ripper
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sliwowitz wrote:
OK, adding "-o number-up=4" to the cli options is a possible solution.
Nevertheless I won't add [SOLVED] to the title since I (well actually my brother who has a real fear of the command line) still miss the GUI selection (which I'm sure I used several moths ago). (Not to mention the evince trouble. This time proprietary sw beats opensource in the field of communication with the most widespread linux printing layer which is a SHAME for evince)
[edit] fixed typo

It's really simple, File -> Print -> Page Scaling (drop down menu) -> "multiple pages per sheet" ;)

I want to use this feature too, but I don't seem to get my printer working with acroread :(
If you know any software which has the same functionality, please post it, would appreciate it!

greetz!
dextur
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Still not working Reply with quote

How do you use those command line options? Are they for evince or acroread? I still have not got this working.
psofa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best thing to do is just lpr the .pdf file directly.Check cup's homepage for the cli options.It always works unlike acroread's print dialog
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: