Strange Reiserfs behavior
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stalione
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Strange Reiserfs behavior Reply with quote

I have been using giFT to download some files (if you haven't used it I recommend you do - p2p client) and my / directory filled up with only about 2 MB of space left on it (by the way one nice thing about giFT was it paused my downloads and waited for me to clear the space on the drive rather than kill the downloads). Anyways...I finally moved the incoming folder which contained most of my downloads to a new drive and it supposedly freed up 500+ MB of space. But when I did a du -s -h /* it reported that my / was still full. I searched carefuly to find other large files but there were none. Here is my output from df -T -h and du -s -h /*
df output:
Quote:

Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda3 reiserfs 1.1G 1.0G 2.7M 100% /
tmpfs tmpfs 1.0M 24K 1000K 3% /mnt/.init.d
/dev/hdb2 reiserfs 5.8G 2.3G 3.6G 39% /usr
/dev/hda5 reiserfs 3.1G 2.0G 1.1G 66% /home
/dev/hda6 reiserfs 1.7G 253M 1.4G 16% /var
/dev/hdc1 reiserfs 38G 25G 14G 66% /home/mp3
tmpfs tmpfs 189M 0 189M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/hda1 ext3 99M 9.2M 85M 10% /boot
/dev/hdc2 reiserfs 38G 673M 37G 2% /storage

du output:
Quote:

5.3M /bin
5.2M /boot
0 /dev
13M /etc
27G /home
12M /lib
27K /mnt
0 /nsr
445M /opt
du: `/proc/23961/fd/4': No such file or directory
9.0K /proc
22M /root
5.1M /sbin
638M /storage
6.5K /tmp
2.3G /usr
228M /var

As you can see that my / does not add up to 1 G of usage. It only adds up to about 500 MB. After futzing around for a while I did:
reiserfsfsck / and there was no ouput (after i typed 'yes' to run the check). After thatn when I did a du and df it reported the correct values. I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this...but thats how I fixed it. Maybe its a bug...or maybe its some kind of setting...I don't know....and Im kindda busy to research it right now. If anyone's got any clues on this one let me know.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: