View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AxelTerizaki
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:25 am    Post subject: Various DE problems Reply with quote

Hello there, I have a few questions after my fresh Gentoo install finished.

I posted a question about anti-aliased fonts a few days ago but doing what was said in the answer didn't resolve my problem (actually I installed Gnome too and it has the same problems: no anti-aliased fonts even though I emerged xft and freetype.) I can't post a screenshot right now because I'm no on this computer but I will if someone asks me.

However, I have a few more questions :)

1) When under KDE I try to launch a Gnome app, it says it can't connect to display :0 of the X server. I guess this is a permission problem on a lock file from the X server, but which one, and which permissions should I set?

2) Under Mozilla my keyboard layout is acting strange (I'm on an aerty keyboard and accents and other special letters for French don't display. Actually all the upper part of the keyboard is messed up when typing.) I'm not sure if it's only under Mozilla since I only tried it so far under Gnome, but the problem is still there. Any idea on how to correct this? (me thinks it's a misconfiguration in the X Server...)

Thanks in advance for your answers.
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't answer Q2, but as for Q1:
Try to run 'xhost +localhost' prior to launching an application. This has the effect that any user logged into the local machine can connect to the Xserver, i.e a program can actually display it's windows.

I'm not sure about your font-problems either, but there are a pletoria of threads that deals with font issues. I suggest you either search or browse through the threads firts, then create a new thread if none of the previous font-threads solved your issue.

Font's works beautifully. I have antialiased fonts working in all programs and never have an issue with them.

Erik
AxelTerizaki
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, I will try it this evening when back from work :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: