Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
2.6.17-no2 "Boozed Into Oblivion" | (Just A lot)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRPXQZME
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reiserfs and fbsplash? Aww, you shouldn't have :)

I'll try it out once my "emerge -e world" finishes (stupid GCC4-retarded packages...)
Firefox is spelled F-i-r-e-f-o-x - only the first letter capitalized (i.e. not FireFox, not Foxfire, FoxFire or whatever else a number of folk seem to think it to be called.) The preferred abbreviation is "Fx" or "fx".

FF = Final Fantasy.
candrews
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Dsdt Reply with quote

Can you include the DSDT patch in a future release? It sure does make fixing stupid ACPI issues much easier. Thanks!
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpakkala wrote:
Can someone please advise me on the following error message when I try to boot the kernel after successfully compiling it:
Code:

kthread [9] exited with preempt_count 2

That's only the last line since I can't exactly get a screen shot of the error message. If there's some way to enable a debug output file or something that would help diagnose the problem, please let me know. I've been waiting for this version of no-sources and am quite disappointed that it's not working for me. Thanks.

emerge --info, .config, and if possible the full dmesg output - that way I'll be able to debug it.
-----

2.6.17-no3: Coming very soon, 2.6.17-mm6, vesafb-tng (4 reel), and much more.
Lost in android development land.
BRPXQZME
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Haven't run my computer on this just yet)

Hm. Just a warning to those who might have these modules installed from portage:

realtime-lsm is already in no-sources, just enable the option in the config and unmerge it... or turn it off and use it from portage. Just be sure to enable only one, I'm pretty sure the one in portage doesn't check to see if it's in the kernel.
alsa-driver (even the latest masked release) does not compile for me. Use the in-kernel ALSA, which probably works fine anyways.
sys-fs/fuse won't compile the kernel modules for me... the in-kernel modules should probably be fine, but I'll see about that when I reboot. However, you do need to to have fuse emerged for the lib (and don't worry, this ebuild checks to see if you have it enabled).

As for the other kernel modules I have, svgalib, madwifi-ng, and kqemu built fine. Madwifi will probably work, I never got svgalib to work properly, and I never took the time to see how well qemu worked.

EDIT: Okay, so this edit is made from a VAIO portable computer running on 2.6.17-no2! Well, I re-merged x11-drm before rebooting, and I'll do it again, since DRI doesn't seem to be working. Booting was pretty erratic (like, it'd boot 1 in 5 times) with RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP set to "yes", so I changed that when I finally got it booted (not a surprise, ck-sources did this for me as well). However, fbsplash and reiserfs seem to work like a champ so far. I'll see what I can do about direct rendering now....

EDIT2: Uh, just to make things weirder, now the Xorg log says that it loaded DRI just fine and everything... but it still doesn't work. And I didn't change anything, I just rebooted.

EDIT3: Well, I'll just sleep on it. I'm a bit too tired to try and figure it out right now. note: X and KDE loaded in a freakin' hurry. I like :D

EDIT4: Ah. It was something I thought I had tested, but it turns out I hadn't. Everything I want works! Next project: conversion to Reiser4 (and shrinking my swapfile to something more reasonable)!
Firefox is spelled F-i-r-e-f-o-x - only the first letter capitalized (i.e. not FireFox, not Foxfire, FoxFire or whatever else a number of folk seem to think it to be called.) The preferred abbreviation is "Fx" or "fx".

FF = Final Fantasy.
jonny bravo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick, question on boot things seem to hang either on setting terminal to ascll mode or loading reiser4. I've left the default for staircase but I changed the io scheduler to anticipatory. I've also enabled the reiser4 & reiserfs debug mode in the kernel (not sure if thats my problem). I've ran the fsck.reiser4 things are consistent and there are no errors or warnings on boot other than it hanging. I'm in the process of moving so hopefully I can get everything setup and working properly before I have to pack my computer up. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: