compiz, kde and background refresh?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xanas3712
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: compiz, kde and background refresh? Reply with quote

I can't find a thread about this.. strangely. I am assuming others must be having this same issue, as I've always had it.

If I change the background in KDE's controls it doesn't change the background when running compiz unless I restart

Is there anyway to set it some other way? Or to force a refresh using whatever is set in kde?

EDIT: My problem may not be as I think, as I can't change the background (yes I've made sure all desktops is selected) even in normal X with kwin.. so.. something unusual is going on..

EDIT2: I guess it works "differently" somehow but dragging the image and using the menu to "set as desktop" does actually work with kwin or compiz.. so I'm sure it does something different than the panel. I also noted that in compiz at least when I did this the panel showed "_________" (nothing) selected, instead of "All Desktops" but changing the background in the panel still didn't work after this so something unusual is going on.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: