GUI Syncing tool
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoctorMO
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: GUI Syncing tool Reply with quote

I've been thinking about syncing tools, one of the only things my linux box doesn't do is sync with my p900 (syncml aside for one second) so the program I would like to see created looks something like this:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/drmo/Harmonist_Main_Panel.png

Rational: when I see kmobiletools direction in their .5 alpha screeenshots it apears they are going down the route of a badly designed palm desktop clone, trying to intergrate a massive amount of functionality unrelated features mearly because it has something to do with a mobile device. the above attempt to be a gui to allow you to create powerful syncing configurations which would allow you to automate and easily deal with many kinds of syncing.

Questions and critism welcome.
ttuttle
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really cool. I'd love something that lets me sync my phone and some sort of contact manager using SyncML. Bonus points for syncing with a web contact list too (Gmail?). Got a beta yet? ;-)
Henning Rogge
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: GUI Syncing tool Reply with quote

DoctorMO wrote:
I've been thinking about syncing tools, one of the only things my linux box doesn't do is sync with my p900 (syncml aside for one second) so the program I would like to see created looks something like this:

Do you managed to get syncml running ? I own a p910i and was unable to get syncml working.
Icer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an interesting application. Is that 'harmonist' a concept or is that an application one can get somewhere?
Shadow Skill
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a good idea, it sucks that I don't have a PDA or something else that could benefit from this tool at the moment.

Offtopic:

How did you create those text boxes for the captions explaining stuff in the screen captures?

"First there was nothing, so the lord gave us light. There was still nothing, but at least you could see it."
trumee
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: GUI Syncing tool Reply with quote

Henning Rogge wrote:
DoctorMO wrote:

Do you managed to get syncml running ? I own a p910i and was unable to get syncml working.

I am planning to buy a P990i. Did you ever get P910 to sync? If not I will think of buying P990. I dont need any device non-linux friendly :)
Jahoviah
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a P990i and would really like to be able to sync it on my Gentoo box. As for now I have to back it up and sync it on a Windows XP machine.

Does anybody know Why syncing P800/P900/P910 is such a problem on linux? They all sync flawlessly on Mac OSX.

Is the standard for syncing / standard for the P9XX calendar file not open source?
mamoulian
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to sync with the KDE PIM apps using kmobiletools, or with a choice of PIMs using myltisync.
Not done it yet but I'm working on it...

What I can't find a way to do is backup the *entire phone* - installed apps, themes and all - like you can with the PC Suite on Windows.
Does anyone know of a linux prog which will do this?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: