View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncage
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: xfce problem? Reply with quote

I have a wierd problem with XFCE. I downloaded a new theme and i put it in my ~/.theme directory and the icons in my ~/.icon directory. The ~/.theme was working fine but the when i changed the icon set in XFCE it didn't work. In that session my desktop changed black and my wallpaper disappeared. I tried to change my wallpaper and that didn't work. SO i restarted my machine. I restartx X and now the same problem. My desktop is black and when i right click on it i don't get a menu like i did before. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

thanks,
ncage
Valkura
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like xfdesktop crashed. (It is the program that shows you your desktop.) I don't remember what exactly the command is (sorry), but it is something along the lines of xfdesktop, xfdesktop4, xfce4-desktop, or something similar. It will be in /usr/bin, look in there for something with "xf" and "desktop" if the above commands don't work. If it is the culprit, add it to your .xinitrc file (assuming you use startx). Hope that helps!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: