View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdmiralNemo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r4 cannot find gnome-macros Reply with quote

In the process of installing gnucash on a second computer, emerge crashed on gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r4, saying aclocal could not find /usr/share/aclocal/gnome-macros. Sure enough this directory does not exist. On my first computer, already running gnucash for some time now, also does not have this directory, yet gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r4 is installed. I don't understand how it could be installed if the directory it so desperately needs on the second computer doesn't exist there either.

Why does it need this directory?

Where does this directory come from?

How come my first computer doesn't have that directory but it installed fine there?
PsichoD
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Same thing here Reply with quote

>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
>>> Emerging (3 of 4) gnome-base/gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r4 to /
>>> checking ebuild checksums ;-)
>>> checking auxfile checksums ;-)
>>> checking miscfile checksums ;-)
>>> checking gnome-vfs-1.0.5.tar.gz ;-)
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking gnome-vfs-1.0.5.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r4/work
* Applying gnome-vfs-1.0.5-codeset.patch ... [ ok ] * Applying gnome-vfs-1.0.5-proxy.patch ... [ ok ] * Applying gnome-vfs-1.0.5-gtkdoc_fixes.patch ... [ ok ] * Applying gnome-vfs-1.0.5-fix-segfault.patch ... [ ok ] * Applying gnome-vfs-1.0.5-gcc3.4.patch ... [ ok ] * Applying gnome-vfs-2-CAN-2005-0706.patch ... [ ok ]aclocal: couldn't open directory `/usr/share/aclocal/gnome-macros': No such file or directory

!!! ERROR: gnome-base/gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r4 failed.
Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1539: Called dyn_unpack
ebuild.sh, line 711: Called src_unpack
gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r4.ebuild, line 57: Called die

!!! (no error message)
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
AdmiralNemo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, so what do we do about it.

It is a quest!
loosing_sanity
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried all of these examples as stated in other posts and still can not get past this problem. I also emerged gnome-common, which is suppose to contain gnome-macros. It did not help either. There has to be a fix. If anyone can come up with the proper way to get around this, please help.
AdmiralNemo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really need it, it compiles just fine without. I edited the ebuild and removed the line that checks for it, and it worked perfectly. I don't know what to do to "properly" fix the problem. Does anyone know who is the maintainer of the gnome-vfs ebuild?
loosing_sanity
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you find the ebuild to edit? I edited a ebuild for gnome-vfs and the check sum would not allow it to compile. You did not have that problem? Thanks for your help! Joe
AdmiralNemo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you edit an ebuild, its digests change. To tell portage that you knew about this and it is not a hack attempt, run
Code:
ebuild /usr/portage/gnome-base/gnome-vfs-2.14.2-r1.ebuild
Make sure you replace the version of gnome-vfs with the one you actually edited. Doing this will cause portage to recalculate the digests of the ebuild and replace them in the Manifest. You will then be able to emerge gnome-vfs. Note that when you sync your portage tree, the ebuild will return to its original state, so if you emerge gnome-vfs again later you will have to do it again. You should look into adding this ebuild to a portage overlay to avoid this problem. See http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Installing_3rd_Party_Ebuilds for more information on this.

HTH
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: