Starting installation
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berder
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Starting installation Reply with quote

I am working from a LiveCD on a computer with no internet connection recognized by Gentoo. After I filled out all the options on the dialogue-based utility--launched from the icon in the X Window system--and just after saving my configuration to an XML file, the utility closed for no reason I know of. I tried again using the graphical utility and I did make it to the "install" button. The installation log that appeared did 10 different things in a moment or two, ending in setting the root password, and then stopped doing anything. At the bottom, two status labels say "Working..." and "Preparing...." It's been like this for 15 minutes, and the hard drive and cd rom drive aren't making any noises.

Should I post the specific options I used? I don't think I selected anything that was not on the LiveCD but I could be wrong.
davascript
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say LiveCD do you mean the graphical installer? A liveCD is a cd that boots to a functional level such as a feature rich CLI or Knoppix. Your description is not familiar to me as i have only odne the minimal install and never used the graphical cd.
cyrillic
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting installation Reply with quote

Berder wrote:
I am working from a LiveCD on a computer with no internet connection recognized by Gentoo ...

This is a common problem.

You just need to lie to the GUI installer, and tell it that your internet connection is already configured.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: