View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fukai
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: accents dont work more with >=tcl/tk 8.4.13 Reply with quote

Hi! i posted this in bugzilla a long time for no response. Now i think the forum is a best try.
I updated my tcl/tk from .12 to .13 but now i can't input accents. I can copy and paste accented char and put a ' and ^ but not an â or an é in tk programs.
I tested this in amsn (the program i need) and emerged other tcl/tk programs like tkdvd but no accents for me.
Tested with 8.4.13 and from a manual compiled 8.5, neither works.
Tested with other LC_ALL (utf and not utf).
Tested with kde, fluxbox, ion, no-wm from a Xnest...
Re-compiled with other cflags with gcc-3.4 and 4.1
my emerge --info:
Code:

Portage 2.1.1_pre2-r8 (default-linux/amd64/2006.0, gcc-4.1.1/amd64-vanilla, glibc-2.4-r3, 2.6.17-gentoo-r2 x86_64)
=================================================================
                       System Settings
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.17-gentoo-r2 x86_64 AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-34
Gentoo Base System version 1.12.1
ccache version 2.4 [enabled]
app-admin/eselect-compiler: 2.0.0_rc2-r1
dev-lang/python:     2.4.3-r1
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r5
dev-util/ccache:     2.4-r2
dev-util/confcache:  [Not Present]
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.60
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2
sys-devel/binutils:  2.17
sys-devel/gcc-config: [Not Present]
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.16
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon64 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -msse3"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/eselect/compiler /etc/gconf /etc/java-config/vms/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/splash /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon64 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -msse3"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig ccache distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/ http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo/ http://ftp.ucsb.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/gentoo/ http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/pub/gentoo/ http://cudlug.cudenver.edu/gentoo/"
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -s"
LINGUAS="en pt_BR fr de"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude='/distfiles' --exclude='/local' --exclude='/packages'"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage /usr/local/overlays/sci-gentoo /usr/local/overlays/initng-portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="amd64 X aac acl acpi alsa apache2 audiofile avi bash-completion berkdb bitmap-fonts blas bluetooth bzip2 cairo cdr cjk cli crypt cups dga dlloader doc dri dv dvd dvdr dvdread eds emboss emul-linux-x86 encode exif ffmpeg fftw flac foomaticdb fortran ftp gcj gd gif gmp gnutls gpm gsl gstreamer gtk gtk2 hal ieee1394 imagemagick imlib immqt-bc ipv6 isdnlog javascript jpeg kde kdehiddenvisibility kipi lapack lcms lua lzw lzw-tiff mad matroska mikmod mp3 mpeg mpi ncurses nls nptl nptlonly ogg opengl pam pcmcia pcre pdf pdflib perl png pppd python qt qt3 qt4 quicktime readline reflection sdl session slang spell spl sqlite sqlite3 sse3 ssl svg tcltk tcpd tetex threads tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts udev unicode usb vcd vim-pager vim-with-x visualization vorbis wifi xcomposite xml xml2 xmms xorg xpm xscreensaver xv xvid zlib elibc_glibc initng_plugins_also initng_plugins_bash_launcher initng_plugins_chdir initng_plugins_chroot initng_plugins_conflict initng_plugins_cpout initng_plugins_critical initng_plugins_cron initng_plugins_daemon initng_plugins_dev initng_plugins_dllaunch initng_plugins_envparser initng_plugins_find initng_plugins_fstat initng_plugins_history initng_plugins_idleprobe initng_plugins_initctl initng_plugins_interactive initng_plugins_iparser initng_plugins_last initng_plugins_limit initng_plugins_logfile initng_plugins_netprobe initng_plugins_ngc4 initng_plugins_pause initng_plugins_pidfile initng_plugins_reload initng_plugins_renice initng_plugins_rlparser initng_plugins_simple_launcher initng_plugins_stcmd initng_plugins_stdout initng_plugins_suid initng_plugins_syncron initng_plugins_syslog initng_plugins_unneeded initng_plugins_provide input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse input_devices_synaptics kernel_linux linguas_en linguas_pt_BR linguas_fr linguas_de userland_GNU video_cards_radeon video_cards_fbdev video_cards_vesa"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

I searched in google all night (is already 04:30AM) but don't find anything!
Please someone help me! Please!
With someone have any, _*any*_ clue to solve this please tell me!
I know in english you don't need accents (and i love this) but i need!
Plz if you need some more info ask me!
Fukai
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh.. i don't find how to solve the problem yet but i think i find a good (??) solution. I used scim to input japanese
but now i am using scim to input "english" too and i can input accented chars in amsn! (and i solved other accents
problem with OO to but uhh i dont need accents in OO because i only use it to open win-user files ^_^.)

Thx, i don't put 'solved' because the problem (tcl/tk don't input accents) is not already solved ^_^.
PiRmD
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to "resurrect" this old topic but can you shortly describe how do you managed to have SCIM work with aMsn ? I desperately try to obtain such result but no chance till now
Fukai
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at this howto
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Enabling_Japanese
This is to japanese input so you need to filter the needed parts, I think you need to do
the things in "Input Methods" (only the uim part) and "Graphical Input Method selection"
(now I learned what this uim, scim, anthy is all about the uim is what you realy need but scim
can be good for selection of different input methods and with you use kde install skim).

With this you gonna have a tray and can chose you input method. Any that input latin chars works
(uim-direct, uim-latin, English...).

But this method have a bug sometimes it stop working and you can't input any char. The only solution
is to restart amsn. And a workaround is to change input method to keyboard (really this disable the
input method) but with this you don't have accented chars... This happens (I think) when you are typing something
in amsn and pass the mouse off the amsn win and amsn loses the focus.

And no problem in resurrecting this old topic. Is really sad to don't have accents in language that use it.
If you need some more info (or a clarification of my bad english) plz ask! ^__^'
PiRmD
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your help and your swift answer ! I'll try uim and see if it helps. I, like you, am really lacking any good IM that both support accent/chinese and MSN with webcam
PiRmD
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have installed uim.
uim is working perfectly with any GTK apps (with or without scim) *but* I cannot summon it with amsn. Is there some trick to have tcl/tk-based programs recognize uim ? I am missing something ?
Fukai
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You change the input method?
You need to change it using scim (I don't know how to do it direct with
uim using a no gtk app)
Is scim running? What is the output of 'ps aux|grep scim'?
PiRmD
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...
In a first attempt, I have tried scim + amsn without success
Then following your answer I installed uim + scim-uim but still no success with amsn
I then stop scim to keep only uim, but here again nothing was working with amsn
But for each case, any gtk-based application where happily accepting any chinses input from scim, scim+uim or just uim

So I though that there might be some specific configuration to be done to have scim and/or uim work with amsn...
Fukai
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh... how is the variable XMODIFIER set (remember that set it on a shell don't set it on X)?
PiRmD
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set $XMODIFIERS to @im=uim (or @im=scim)
but I have no $XMODIFER variable set ...

I don't understand your meaning
Quote:
(remember that set it on a shell don't set it on X)
. I set them in /etc/env.d/50xim file

I really appreciate the time you spend to help me. Thanks a lot !
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: