add_keywords.sh, emerge_force.sh and a bit about Portage
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
/albert
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: add_keywords.sh, emerge_force.sh and a bit about Portage Reply with quote

Hi

I think these 2 little scripts can help somebody, so here they are:
http://www.az2000.de/projects/gentoo_helpers/?lang=en

add_keywords.sh add entries to your package.keywords for all dependencies of a package, who need it (it looks for "masked by ~ARCH keyword").
emerge_force.sh will continue an emerge, if it fails on some package and there are other packages not affected by the error.
See the link for a detailed description.

I think, the second script could be an additional argument for emerge itself, like "--continue-on-error" or somethink. I missed it so much till I hacked the little script together. If I start a greater world-update over night and on the next day, I see the funny message of the screen that the third package of the list of updates results in an error, it makes me angry. Mostly, it's also a very simple error. In a set of cases, emerge could act a bit more intelligent. I missed an "auto-error-detect-and-solver". Well, 90% of all possible errors can't automatically be solved. But the rest 10%, and that are errors I see again and again, can be categoriest very easily and be solved, also. For example an error like "XML::Parser not found". It simply means, I have to reemerge XML-Parser (oder better call perl-cleaner). There are lot's of errors like this.

Greetings
Albert
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Portage & Programming to Unsupported Software. Not a support request and scripts for things like this generally seem to belong here.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: