Enemy Territory Widescreen resolution issues
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Not Derrich
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Enemy Territory Widescreen resolution issues Reply with quote

I'm trying to run Enemy Territory (v 2.60b) at a wide screen resolution.

According to the Gentoo-Wiki (which is down at the time I'm posting this, otherwise I'd link the article) suggests using the following settings:

Code:

r_customheight 990
r_customwidth 1440
r_mode -1
r_customaspect 2

The r_customaspect probably doesn't effect ET, only the newer games (Doom3/Quake4) from id seem to make any use of this.

I have used all of these settings and issued a "vid_restart". The video re-draws itself at the proper resolution, but it's not full screen. It's 1440x990 with my window manager's borders being drawn over it (XFCE). I've tried this under XFCE, KDE, GNOME and Ion (last resort) and each WM does the same thing. I don't think it's a WM issue at this point.

the r_fullscreen value is set to 1, and this does not seem to have an effect one way or another. I can switch the setting from 0 to 1 back and forth, and the game continues to run in windowed mode.

I had a similar issue to this with Doom3 (which I have since uninstalled since it runs so poorly on my outdated machine). I was able to fix it by re-applying these settings, quitting the game and re-starting. I have not been so lucky with ET.

Has anyone seen this?
01mf02
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's really impossible to start ET in fullscreen, you could do some kind of "faked" fullscreen in a WM like FVWM. FVWM can remove the borders from special windows.

However, FVWM can seem hard to setup at the beginning, but once you get used to it, you will not want to miss it!
Not Derrich
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01mf02 wrote:
If it's really impossible to start ET in fullscreen, you could do some kind of "faked" fullscreen in a WM like FVWM. FVWM can remove the borders from special windows.

However, FVWM can seem hard to setup at the beginning, but once you get used to it, you will not want to miss it!

While I appreciate the input, that seems like more of a workaround than an actual fix for the problem.

And EVERYONE says "Once you try (insert their favorite WM), you won't want to go back". I'm very happy with XFCE, and I'm not looking to change.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: