View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightMonkey
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Mozilla and Gnome Reply with quote

Hi, all. I've searched the forums, and haven't found a reference to this problem. It's annoying that Gnome and Mozilla don't seem to play well together when it comes to saved sessions. Is there something I need to do to Mozilla to allow it to communicate with Gnome's Sessions, and not give me an error at logout?

Please let me know if you need more in-depth info about my setup. I'm running Gnome 2.2.1, and Mozilla 1.3 (this error has occured when using Gnome 1.4 and Mozilla 1.2.X as well, though).

Thanks in advance!
Pluvius
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems here.

Running Gnome 2.2.1 and Mozilla 1.2.1

They play together well. No lock-up or errors.

Unless I'm mis-understanding the problem.
NightMonkey
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get a screenshot of the dialog window I get and can't because I'm logging out :( , but here's the text: 'These windows do not support "save current setup" and will have to be restarted manually next time you log in.' Below that it has two columns. The first is the title of the window, whcih is whatever page I have open in Mozilla, and then the second, Class has "navigator:browser".

Any ideas how to get Gnome to be happy logging out with a Mozilla window open? Am I the only one who sees this? I had it under Red Hat and Gnome 1.4/Ximian, too...
NightMonkey
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a long time and while Mozilla no longer triggers this annoying dialog, I recently switched to Eterm as my terminal, and I get the 'Warning: These windows do not support "save current setup" and will have to be restarted manually next time you log in.' on logout from GNOME. I searched long and hard through the Configuration Editor, but no options immediately popped out to turn this off. Any way to get rid of this without turning off "Save current setup" entirely? Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: