amd64 chroot error libdl.so.2 not found
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jscamry
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: amd64 chroot error libdl.so.2 not found Reply with quote

Hey All. I have used the search option aswell as googled this error. I am using Gentoo 2006.0 Minimal AMD64bit cd, when I tried to follow the handbook-amd64 after editing my /mnt/gentoo/etc/make.conf,mounting /proc and /dev. I tried to chroot into my system by "chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash" I have recieved this error: "/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries:libraries: libdl.so.2:cannot open shared object file: no such file or dir."

I have checked the md5sum and that passes, I cannot even emege, to see if I can download the libdl.so.2 file.

thannks in advance Jason.
wynn
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
$ equery belongs /lib/libdl.so.2
[ Searching for file(s) /lib/libdl.so.2 in *... ]
sys-libs/glibc-2.3.6-r4 (/lib/libdl.so.2 -> libdl-2.3.6.so)
Perhaps you can check, before chroot'ing, whether there is a /mnt/gentoo/lib/libdl.so.2 which should be a symlink to /mnt/gentoo/lib/libdl-2.3.6.so (this is for gcc-2.3.6 though, you may have an earlier version)
The avatar is jorma, a "duck" from "Elephants Dream": the film and all the production materials have been made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License, see orange.blender.org for details.
jscamry
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick response. I did check, before chroot'ing, whether there is a /mnt/gentoo/lib/libdl.so.2 inwhich it does symlink to /mnt/gentoo/lib/libdl-2.3.6.so. In my /mnt/gentoo I do have lib32 and lib64, and these two dirs both libdl-2.3.5.so, libdl-2.3.6.so and libdl.so.2. Then when I looked in my /mnt/gentoo/lib I have libdl.so.2.

thanks again Jason.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: