Nokia 3230 and Multisync
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stareagle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Nokia 3230 and Multisync Reply with quote

Hello,

now, after i've spend three days trying to sync my Nokia 3230 with multisync (and opensync) with evolution, i ask here...

Has anybody synced this combination successful (Nokia 3230 and Opensync).

I've already tryied diffierent comibinations of Use-Flags. I've also tried Opensync (with the ebuilds in the Bugdatabase and the syncml-Plugin from opensync.org). No success...

Also I have tried same patches for libwbxml...

Anybody with an idea.

Thanks for reading.

Stareagle
chrismortimore
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had more success using a combination of gammu and vcalone (for a Nokia 6230i and a Nokia 6820)
stareagle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip.

Now, I have a connection with gammu via gnapplet. How did you work with calendar files and gammu? Via the backup-function?

Stareagle
chrismortimore
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used kontact to do my PIM, and I just told it to use vcal files for it's calendars. vcalone strips them down to a format the nokia could understand, and gammu has a way to make vcal files somewhere I think... I'm not sure, I gave up on doing this ages ago. I say I had more success, but it wasn't an ideal solution so I decided it wasn't worth it.

I found this file which I used to upload the calendars to the phone, I can't find the one for bringing them back from the phone though, thought it might be some help
Code:
#!/bin/bash
CALS=${HOME}/documents/calendars
GAMMUPROFILE=6820
TMPFILE=${HOME}/vcal.vcs

vcalone ${CALS}/*.vcal > ${TMPFILE}
gammu 6820 --restore ${TMPFILE}
rm ${TMPFILE}

stareagle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finallay, I found a better, but not fully perfect solution. I've installed eGroupware (1.2.104). This webbased groupware suite has an integrated Syncml-Server.

After emerging a setting it up, I tried to sync my data from Evolution to eGroupware (I used syncevolution from Patrick Ohly, see http://www.estamos.de/projects/SyncML/index.html, but Multisync should work also). This worked fine.

Than I've created a new Sync Profile for eGroupware on my mobile (Nokia 3230). I used Gnubox and Dund for connection to from my mobile to the computer. Than I started to sync and waited for an error :roll:

But there was no error :D It worked!

But not fully: The times in the calendar are wrong. In evolution and eGroupware they are right, on the phone not. I assume the reason for that is that in in Evolution and eGroupware the events have only a starting time and a duration, but no end time. I will investigate this.

Greetings

Stareagle
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: