MOL on Intel Mac?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
projectle
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: MOL on Intel Mac? Reply with quote

Apple just replaced my Powerbook G4 17" HR with a brand new Macbook Pro 17", however one feature that I have come to love over the past week that I have had a fully functional Gentoo installation is MOL.

One thing that I was wondering, is there a MOL for Intel Macs or an equivilant that will allow me to continue using OS X and Gentoo at the same time on different VC's under the new Intel Macs?

I know that this may be a little ahead of the curve as I have yet to actually get anything installed or configured on it yet.

I do have it "working" with a Sabayon LiveDVD along with XGL (amazing to get everything hardware related working in under 10 minutes plus full XGL with 3D Acceleration).

If there is any hope of MOL for the new Macs, I would love to hear about it and am more than willing to test whatever is on the horizon.
JoseJX
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will not be a MOL port to intel (unless someone else wants to do it) since there are already viable x86 virtual machines. Hopefully one of them will support OSX86, but I'm fairly sure MOL won't.

Sorry
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: