Xmess frontends
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troyboy162
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Xmess frontends Reply with quote

ive been fighting this for a few days and not making much progress. there seems to be little to no documentation and lots of outdated programs. i did find a few with potential but i havnt got them to work

advmenu with advmess - gui and games are see though in my Xgl desktop and when i launch it in another x server it dosnt work at all. WELP i solved the see through part
Code:
XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 advmenu

that works great but the advmess version seems to be to old to recognize the bios files? i dont know its just not paning out well but currently this is the only semi working thing

kxmame- sopposed to work with xmess but it dosnt seem to do anything except flash the screen for a second

kamefu- also sopposed to work with xmess but it cant make a database for the games list. i have mysql working fine with other programs

kemulator- fails at ./configure
Code:
checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!

xmess-gui- my god dont bother! not only is there a lack of a readme file and the .src seems not to compile by any normal means...but when you finally get the french .build executable working your rewarded with acsess errors as you just set the pathes to the roms.

messyfront- damn near working! it needed me to downgrade to xmess104 because the commands are in the old style but it works. one thing though is it cant handle spaces in file names. so 99% of my images are no good.

has anyone gotten this running? ive got all the bios files and there in the right place because xmess works from the command line
thanks in advance for any replys
long live gentoo!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: