View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mithandra
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Conecting to MS Exchange 2003 with Evolution Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to try and get some help on this one. Our ISS department has jsut migrated my account to the new MS Exchange 2003 server they jsut built, I have tried running ximian-connector-setup-2.6 and have filled in all the respective details.

When the above is finished I click the Evolution icon and up comes a box where you specify your mail address and the likes. on the next page it asks me to specify what type of server then a username, but there is no password field, I thought that the Connector I had run first sorted all this out.

I am not able to launch Evolution without filling in these details.

Also just to check what actually needs to be up and running to allow me to connect to the server on the ex 2003 side.

Thanks in advance

Mithandra
FantomKnight
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need evolution-data-server and evolution-exchange in addition to evolution itself. I think that the process has changed with the newest evolution. Like you, I was a bit confused when I opened evolution after running ximian-connector and evolution started asking me again for account information. However, if you go ahead and fill it out (make sure to choose Exchange when asked about the email account type), and everything should work. I don't remember having to do this with evolution 2.4, but when I recently installed evolution 2.6, I had to do it. By the way, the "stable" version of evolution-exchange (evolution-exchange-2.6.2) was far from stable on my machine. Evolution would constantly crash, and that's only if it ever opened at all. Most of the time it would just get hung up at scanning folders and never actually open. I used the masked evolution-exchange-2.6.2-r1 and it has been running for about a week now with no problems.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: