Wireless Beamer using Gentoo Linux
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
will824
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Wireless Beamer using Gentoo Linux Reply with quote

oday I tried in my University to present a class using my Laptop, in which I have Gentoo Linux Installed.

I usually would plug the vga cable into my laptop and boot in, using X11, but Today they guys who manages the local computer and beamer told me that the old beamer had been changed and this one has Wireless communication. AND the software is in WINDOWS!!!

I erased windows from any partition on my Laptop and I dont believe it works using a VM, so my question is if anyone knows a way to install a software that can manage the connection with the WIreless beamer from Linux without having to reinstall Windows XP.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
irwinr
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug what VGA cable into your laptop? VGA cable to what?

Quote:
but Today they guys who manages the local computer and beamer told me that the old beamer had been changed and this one has Wireless communication.

The local computer?
The beamer?

I honestly have no idea what you're asking here :)
ChickensDontFly
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. The assumption I had from the title was that BMW's are now installed with Gentoo. I was a little disappointed after reading the post. :?

I'm not sure if I understand him correctly, but I'll try and restate what i believe Will824 said.

Will824 teaches at a University. He usually walks in with his laptop, plugs it up to the projector (the beamer), and he teaches the class.
Will824 goes into work to find that the old projector has been replaced and now, instead of using a VGA cable to connect to the projector, the University does it wirelessly.

So..I believe he is asking:

What software can he use to wirelessly connect to a projector?

If that is what you are asking Will824, I don't know the answer, hopefully somebody else will.

If that is not what you are asking, I found this thread very amusing and that was my attempt at comprehension.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: