View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin Wagner
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: amarok broken after updating gcc [SOLVED] Reply with quote

after i updated to gcc-4.1.1 amarok doesn't start anymore and i get the following error:

Code:
 amarokapp: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by /usr/kde/3.5/lib/libkhtml.so.4)

i followed the upgrade guide in the wiki.

i changed some USE-Flags during update and some moved from make.conf to /etc/portage/package.use to avoid certain packages from being installed. i recompiled kdelibs, gcc-3.4.6 and amarok several times. (running on ~x86)

i hope some one can halp me with this, because i am trying to get amarok work for a week now.
all other packages that didn't work at the beginning work fine now and some errors i got before the update are gone now, but amarok is still complainig.

thanks!

Last edited by Martin Wagner on Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
spielc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: amarok broken after updating gcc Reply with quote

Martin Wagner wrote:
after i updated to gcc-4.1.1 amarok doesn't start anymore and i get the following error:

Code:
 amarokapp: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by /usr/kde/3.5/lib/libkhtml.so.4)

i followed the upgrade guide in the wiki.

i changed some USE-Flags during update and some moved from make.conf to /etc/portage/package.use to avoid certain packages from being installed. i recompiled kdelibs, gcc-3.4.6 and amarok several times. (running on ~x86)

i hope some one can halp me with this, because i am trying to get amarok work for a week now.
all other packages that didn't work at the beginning work fine now and some errors i got before the update are gone now, but amarok is still complainig.

thanks!

did you run fix_libtool_files.sh <old gcc-version> after you upgraded gcc?
Martin Wagner
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: amarok broken after updating gcc Reply with quote

spielc wrote:

did you run fix_libtool_files.sh <old gcc-version> after you upgraded gcc?

yes, did.
i have just switched profile from 2006.1 to 2006.1/desktop and i am running emerge -uDN world.
maybe this fixes my problem.
Martin Wagner
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the "multislot" prevented gcc-3.4.6 from beeing unmerged.

emerge -C gcc-3.4.6 solved my problem.
thanks
Shards
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had this same problem, though it was affecting kopete and konqueror as well as amarok, and like Martin i unemerged my old compiler and it seems that everything is working again, though being new at this im not 100% sure why it wasnt working in the first place? While i am happy that it is all working now, im a little worried that i have just hidden a problem away and that at some point soon my whole system is going to crap itself!! does anyone know of a way that i can make sure that all my apps are linked against the correct libstdc++ version? i have already tried
Code:
 revdep-rebuild
which reports that everything is fine, and during my upgrade i followed the upgrade guide to the letter so i have also run
Code:
fix_libtool_files.sh 3.4.4
after my upgrade and again since and it is also reporting no problems. any explanations that anyone could give would be great!!!
thanks!!!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: