View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisse
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Botched my amarok? Doesn't start. [IT DOES NOW.] Reply with quote

*sigh* For a long time now, I've had this problem with amarok (from 1.4.0a-r1 to 1.4.3), that it doesn't correctly load the last playlist when starting up again. Or doesn't save it when exiting; I don't know which. I get this error about unable to load media, and when I ask it to be a bit more verbose, it says something about a playlist [$HOME]/%U.

Anyway, I felt like a fresh KDE would be nice, so I removed ~/.kde*, and all references to my kde I could find in /tmp and /var/tmp. Right. Well, now amarok would start at all. Out of the frying pan into the fire, so to speak. I got the wizard, completed that, and then nothing happens. The process exited and I'm left emptyhanded. Starting it from console, and everything seems fine -- ie. no errors are reported --, but nothing happens. Can't find any traces of amarok with ps either.

Well, this is what I get for playing with unstable ebuilds, I thought. So I downgraded first to 1.4.2 -- no change --, and then to the stable 1.4.0a-r1, but still no difference! (Well, the wizard had some different options in 1.4.0, but other than that, nothing.) Still doesn't load.

After each emerge, I've removed all traces of previous kde-settings in my (users) home-dir, as well as in the temp-folders /tmp and /var/tmp. (Didn't have anything to loose there, anymore, so...) Revdep-rebuild didn't find anything. Oh, there was the upgrade to gcc 4.1; yes, I've fix_libtool_files.sh:d. Emerge -uDavN world doesn't help either.

Are there settings somewhere I need to reset? Something to rebuild? (Emerge:ing kdelibs, kdesktop and kdebase-data right now, just in case that would make a difference. After which I'll try re-building amarok (1.4.3) again.)

USE-flags for amarok is "aac arts ipod kde mysql opengl real visualization xmms". Ah, and all other KDE-programs that I've tried work flawlessly.

Last edited by krisse on Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
krisse
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected, re-emerge of kdelibs, kdesktop and kdebase-data didn't do squat. Emerged amarok 1.4.3 again, too, after the before-mentioned packages. Still the same (none-)behaviour.

All suggestions are appreciated.
krisse
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh... I tried emerge:ing amarok 1.3.8 -- which worked. It also grabbed a bunch of other packages, many related to gstreamer, if I remember correctly. Now trying to upgrade again to 1.4.3, hoping that it was those packages (or some of them) that were interrupting amarok:s starting-process.
krisse
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. So, I guess one or some of the deps that got pulled in with 1.3.8 solved the problem. Now running 1.4.3, and all is well. Also, what started this amarok-emerge marathon, the playlist not getting saved/loaded properly?, it works now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: