View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rekonrad
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: kde/kdenetwork problem Reply with quote

I have incomplete kde installation which won't install kdenetwork. Apparently the kdelibs are configured with qt4 instead of qt3. I guess I have to re-emerge kde and make sure it uses qt3.

What would be the command(s) for that?

emerge -C kde

USE="qt3*" emerge kde

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Richard
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Installing Gentoo to Desktop Environments.

kdelibs cannot currently be built against qt4 (unless you are running it from SVN). Could you please post the whole error message here so that the problem can be diagnosed.
machibest
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exact same problem..
i was emerging kde, then failed couse of some video4linux option set in the kernel which needed qt3* compiled with opengl support instead of having qt4.. so i masked the package (sort of: >=x11-libs/qt4) and re-emerged qt. After this, i had sucessfully installed qt3 with opengl support (i used the USE flag ofcourse).

I then wanted to continue emerging KDE but still fails while merging kdenetwork when the error arrised:

Code:
If you did install kdelibs, then the Qt version that is picked up by
this configure is not the same version you used to compile kdelibs.
The Qt Plugin installed by kdelibs is *ONLY* loadable if it is the
_same Qt version_, compiled with the _same compiler_ and the same Qt
configuration settings.

which sound quite descriptive but is not.. i don't know which version of kdelibs to emerge at all, or how to see which kdelibs version corresponds to my qt version (actually, i went back to qt4, to see if this could help.. ofcourse it didn't).

Thanks in advance!

PS: i could post the whole error logfile if want to have a look at it, thought is very long
machibest
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Any answers? Reply with quote

Please, i would really apreciatte any help on this regard.. i've given up installing kde and with it my whole dedication to Gentoo since I truly need this desktop up and running to be able to continue with my work and studies..

Meanwhile I remain in the dark side.. but please, any, ANY answer would be greatly appreciated..
Let me remaind you I've already read quite of lot of post to solve this, but did not get any valuable info (at leaste from my humble point of view)

Mercy!
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure why that error appeared, but it seems to indicate that kdelibs was built against a different version of qt than the one you have installed. It should be able to be fixed by `emerge --oneshot kdelibs`.
machibest
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot mark_alec, that did the trick :D
david.durost
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark_alec wrote:
I am not sure why that error appeared, but it seems to indicate that kdelibs was built against a different version of qt than the one you have installed. It should be able to be fixed by `emerge --oneshot kdelibs`.
i'm having the same issue and i tried that but i got the same error when i try to finish emerging kde

Code:
blackhawk ~ # emerge kde
Calculating dependencies... done!

>>> Emerging (1 of 9) kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.2 to /
 * kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 MD5 ;-) ...                                   [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 RMD160 ;-) ...                                [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 SHA1 ;-) ...                                  [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 SHA256 ;-) ...                                [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 size ;-) ...                                  [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                      [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                     [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                    [ ok ]
 * checking kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 ;-) ...                              [ ok ]
QA Notice: USE Flag 'kernel_linux' not in IUSE for kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.2
 * To support Video4Linux webcams in this package is required to have
 * =x11-libs/qt-3* compiled with OpenGL support.
 * Please reemerge =x11-libs/qt-3* with USE="opengl".

!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.2 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1562:   Called dyn_setup
  ebuild.sh, line 665:   Called pkg_setup
  kdenetwork-3.5.2.ebuild, line 55:   Called die

!!! Please reemerge =x11-libs/qt-3* with USE="opengl".
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

this is after i ran

use="opengl" emerge =x11-libs/qt-3*

and

use="qt-3*" emerge --oneshot kdelibs
david.durost
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tried all availble versions of qt-3 and qt-4 removed kdelibs and reemerged after emerging teh different versions of qt all with the same error even. any help would be appreciated as this one has me lost.
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david.durost wrote:

I hope that that is a typo, as it should be USE="opengl". Better yet `echo "=x11-libs/qt-3* opengl" >> /etc/portage/package.use` so that portage remembers this setting.
bendy
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same kdenetwork problem reported above:
Code:
proxy ~ # emerge kdenetwork

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.2 to /
 * kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 MD5 ;-) ...                                                               [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 RMD160 ;-) ...                                                         [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 SHA1 ;-) ...                                                              [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 SHA256 ;-) ...                                                          [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 size ;-) ...                                                                [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                                    [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                    [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                    [ ok ]
 * checking kdenetwork-3.5.2.tar.bz2 ;-) ...                                                            [ ok ]
QA Notice: USE Flag 'kernel_linux' not in IUSE for kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.2

!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.2 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1562:   Called dyn_setup
  ebuild.sh, line 665:   Called pkg_setup
  kdenetwork-3.5.2.ebuild, line 54:   Called die

!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

I am trying to build a fairly minimal X and kde install. My video card is old and crappy, and so doesn't support opengl. I don't have a webcam, haven't enabled v4l in my kernel, and haven't set the v4l USE flag. I have built the latest stable kdelibs after the latest stable qt3.
Code:
proxy ~ # emerge --info
Portage 2.1.1 (default-linux/x86/2006.0, gcc-4.1.1, glibc-2.4-r3,glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1, 2.6.17-gentoo-r8 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.17-gentoo-r8 i686 Pentium II (Deschutes)
Gentoo Base System version 1.12.5
Last Sync: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:00:01 +0000
app-admin/eselect-compiler: [Not Present]
dev-java/java-config: 0.2.8-r2
dev-lang/python:     2.2.3-r5, 2.3.5-r2, 2.4.3-r4
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r5
dev-util/ccache:     [Not Present]
dev-util/confcache:  [Not Present]
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.59-r7
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.1-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.13-r3
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.4.19-r1, 2.6.17-r1
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium2 -funroll-loops -mmmx -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/gconf /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium2 -funroll-loops -mmmx -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://mirrors.blueyonder.co.uk/mirrors/gentoo http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/ http://gentoo.inode.at/ http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/os/linux/gentoo http://212.219.247.11/sites/www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/"
LINGUAS=""
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude='/distfiles' --exclude='/local' --exclude='/packages'"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="x86 apm berkdb bzlib elibc_glibc fam fbcon gdbm gif gpm gtk2 input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse javascript jpeg kernel_linux libwww logrotate mime mmx motif ncurses nls no24bpp nptl nptlonly pam perl png python readline samba slang ssl truetype truetype-fonts userland_GNU video_cards_cirrus video_cards_vesa xml2 zlib"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, PORTDIR_OVERLAY

Is this a bug in the kdenetwork ebuild?
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have indeed built qt-3 with opengl support, then it does look like a bug and should be reported to https://bugs.gentoo.org
bendy
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark_alec wrote:
If you have indeed built qt-3 with opengl support, then it does look like a bug and should be reported to https://bugs.gentoo.org

I haven't built qt with opengl support, because I don't want opengl support. The bug (if there is one) is in the kdenetwork ebuild as it's trying to built webcam support without the v4l USE flag being enabled.
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=139122 which seems to show that kdenetwork is broken unless qt is built with opengl support.
david.durost
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark_alec wrote:
david.durost wrote:

I hope that that is a typo, as it should be USE="opengl". Better yet `echo "=x11-libs/qt-3* opengl" >> /etc/portage/package.use` so that portage remembers this setting.
ha, yea that was my problem.. I need to get more sleep.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: kdenetwork emerge problem Reply with quote

Hi,

Code:

>> Emerging (2 of 6) kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.5-r2 to /
 * kdenetwork-3.5-patchset-01.tar.bz2 RMD160 ;-) ...                                                                                                 [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5-patchset-01.tar.bz2 SHA1 ;-) ...                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5-patchset-01.tar.bz2 SHA256 ;-) ...                                                                                                 [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5-patchset-01.tar.bz2 size ;-) ...                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.5.tar.bz2 RMD160 ;-) ...                                                                                                           [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.5.tar.bz2 SHA1 ;-) ...                                                                                                             [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.5.tar.bz2 SHA256 ;-) ...                                                                                                           [ ok ]
 * kdenetwork-3.5.5.tar.bz2 size ;-) ...                                                                                                             [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                                 [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                                [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                               [ ok ]
 * checking kdenetwork-3.5.5.tar.bz2 ;-) ...                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * checking kdenetwork-3.5-patchset-01.tar.bz2 ;-) ...                                                                                               [ ok ]
 * QA Notice: USE Flag 'kernel_linux' not in IUSE for kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.5-r2

!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.5-r2 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1630:   Called dyn_setup
  ebuild.sh, line 702:   Called qa_call 'pkg_setup'
  ebuild.sh, line 38:   Called pkg_setup
  kdenetwork-3.5.5-r2.ebuild, line 54:   Called die

!!! A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.5-r2/temp/build.log'.

IgorsGentoo igor # emerge -pv kde

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.5-r2  USE="ssl -arts -debug -jingle -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -rdesktop -sametime -slp -wifi -xinerama" 0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdegraphics-3.5.5-r2  USE="-arts -debug -gphoto2 -imlib -kdeenablefinal -openexr -opengl -pdf -povray -scanner -tetex -xinerama" 7,163 kB
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeadmin-3.5.5  USE="-arts -debug -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -xinerama" 2,071 kB
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeutils-3.5.5  USE="crypt -arts -debug -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility (-pbbuttonsd) -snmp -xinerama" 2,922 kB
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kde-3.5.5  USE="-accessibility" 0 kB

Total: 5 packages (5 new), Size of downloads: 12,154 kB

I don't want to support the webcam, but I don't see anything in USE flags to tun it off.
Or maybe it's something that was merged previously?

How do I finish the KDE merge?

Thank you.
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Please reemerge =x11-libs/qt-3* with USE="opengl".

with, not without ;-)
Add opengl to your use flags in make.conf. Or if you want to enable it just for qt add x11-libs/qt opengl to /etc/portage/package.use

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Again, I don't want to support webcam, how do I finish merging KDE?

Thank you.
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:oops: Oh, video4linux... try USE="-v4l"
though to be honest I don't immediately see why that should make a difference... it's not a use flag for kdenetwork.
perhaps there's some more info in emerge --info and emerge -ptv kde

ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

IgorsGentoo igor # emerge --info
Portage 2.1.2.2 (default-linux/x86/2007.0, gcc-4.1.1, glibc-2.5-r0, 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 i686 Celeron (Coppermine)
Gentoo Base System release 1.12.9
Timestamp of tree: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:50:01 +0000
dev-lang/python:     2.4.3-r4
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r5
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61
sys-devel/automake:  1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.1-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.14
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.17-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=i686 -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/gconf /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=i686 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.osuosl.org/"
LINGUAS="ru uk"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.us.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X acl acpi alsa berkdb bitmap-fonts clamav cli cracklib crypt cups dri gdbm gpm hal iconv ipv6 isdnlog kde libg++ midi mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly odbc openmp pam pcre perl pppd python qt3 qt4 readline reflection samba session spl ssl tcpd truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode win32codecs wxwindows x86 xorg xpm zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="ru uk" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="i810"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, MAKEOPTS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, PORTDIR_OVERLAY

Code:

IgorsGentoo igor # emerge -pvt kde

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kde-3.5.5  USE="-accessibility" 0 kB
[ebuild  N    ]  kde-base/kdeutils-3.5.5  USE="crypt -arts -debug -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility (-pbbuttonsd) -snmp -xinerama" 2,922 kB
[ebuild  N    ]  kde-base/kdeadmin-3.5.5  USE="-arts -debug -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -xinerama" 2,071 kB
[ebuild  N    ]  kde-base/kdegraphics-3.5.5-r2  USE="-arts -debug -gphoto2 -imlib -kdeenablefinal -openexr -opengl -pdf -povray -scanner -tetex -xinerama" 7,163 kB
[ebuild  N    ]  kde-base/kdenetwork-3.5.5-r2  USE="ssl -arts -debug -jingle -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -rdesktop -sametime -slp -wifi -xinerama" 0 kB

Total: 5 packages (5 new), Size of downloads: 12,154 kB

Here is the info you "asked".

So, what else I could check?

Thank you.
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merged above five posts here.
I should have searched first it seems. The opengl requirement is forced by portage because of a bug in kdenetwork.

ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixnut,
I re-installed the qt-3 with the opengl USE-flag.
Now do I need to do a full re-emerge of KDE, or I can continue...

Probably I need a full re-emerge, since the qt is re-built.

Thank you.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
It is compiling now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: