Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
2.6.18-no2 "Freeze Sucka!" | Suspend2!,Lockless!,FF Fixed!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kollin, please try it again, the download worked for me (firefox)

perhaps the server had some downtime :roll:

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Kollin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
Kollin, please try it again, the download worked for me (firefox)

perhaps the server had some downtime :roll:

Everithing is ok and my new kernel is working like a charm :wink:
yngwin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get alsa-driver working?
Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13'
make -C /usr/src/linux M=/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13 O=/usr/src/linux CPP="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -E" CC="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc" modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.18-no2'
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/hwdep.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/memalloc.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/hda_codec.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/sgbuf.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/memory_wrapper.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/hda_generic.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/pcm.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/pcm_native.o
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/pcm_native.c:3569: error: unknown field ‘writev’ specified in initializer
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/pcm_native.c:3569: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/pcm_native.c:3589: error: unknown field ‘readv’ specified in initializer
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/pcm_native.c:3589: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
make[4]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore/pcm_native.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/patch_realtek.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/patch_cmedia.o
make[3]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/acore] Error 2
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/patch_analog.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/patch_sigmatel.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/patch_si3054.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/patch_atihdmi.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/hda_proc.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/hda_intel.o
In file included from /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/hda_intel.c:1:
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/../../alsa-kernel/pci/hda/hda_intel.c: In function ‘azx_resume’:
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/../../alsa-kernel/pci/hda/hda_intel.c:1397: warning: ignoring return value of ‘pci_enable_device’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
  LD [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.o
  LD [M]  /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13/pci/hda/snd-hda-codec.o
make[2]: *** [_module_/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13/work/alsa-driver-1.0.13] Error 2
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.18-no2'
make: *** [compile] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.13 failed.

f0rk
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same problem! :(
Any clues?
immudium
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yngwin wrote:
How do you get alsa-driver working?

As far as I know, the only solution is to use the kernel alsa driver rather than the portage alsa driver
Jjeje007
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

So no work-around for the sky2 problem with this kernel ??
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try out dsd's patch :wink:

sky2 patch

Jjeje007
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thx i'll give a try (just to find out to apply the patch ... noob I said ! :) )

(I'm doing the "emerge -e world" step so you came just in time :) )

See you and thx again kernelOfTruth

:wink:
r00t440
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDGBOLT wrote:
Great kernel sources, only experiencing one issue that is quite annoying, and not quite sure how to fix it. I am currently running a firestarter firewall on my laptop, and with other kernels, it works just fine, but for this, I have to disable it, since it for some reason allows me to ping and connect to irc and such, I think with other ports, but for some reason getting webpages does not work, either through a web browser or through wget, since it will just be stuck at trying to connect to it. I really do want to get this to work, as the suspend works like a charm, but it doesn't seem to be working with the firewall. Not entirely too sure how to get iptables to output all of the things that it is doing, so I don't quite know what is going wrong.

Thanks,

JDGBOLT

I have a similar problem, and it's weird. The problem goes like this. If I stop the ipkungfu rc script, I can access the internet from my Linux NAT box, but my internal LAN wont be able to access the internet.... of course since SNAT is turned off. But if I start ipkungfu, my Linux NAT box, can't access the internet but my internal LAN can access the web.

Another behavior: If I ping my Linux NAT box from my internal LAN and ipkungfu has been started, I won't be able to ping my Linux NAT box, but if I turn off ipkungfu, my internal LAN can ping my Linux NAT. Weird right?

I am sure that this isnt a firewall rule issue because i'm using the same ipkungfu config from another network.

So I tried to solve the problem myself before posting anything. I used another kernel patch set... I used viper-sources, and everything worked just fine. Perhaps there's some glitch with the current no-sources.

Here are my NICs:
Code:
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8050 PCI-E ASF Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Intel Corporation 82541GI Gigabit Ethernet Controller
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and you are using the Marvell Network card right & experiencing those problems ? :roll:

r00t440
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
... and you are using the Marvell Network card right & experiencing those problems ? :roll:
yup... i've heard there's a patched driver for these network cards. please help... I've switched to viper-sources, but there are other strange issues happening. I'm currently sticking to viper-sources because somehow, my gateway is useable with it. :D
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately I have to tell you that I couldn't get my Marvell network adapter to work with this kernel :cry:

everytime I start a 2.6.18-mm3 based kernel my network-card timed out & I had to boot into windows & livecd twice to get it up & running again
=> I don't have the nerves & time to do this / try out new patches, sorry

as can be been in bugzilla.kernel.org the problem was fixed beginning with 2.6.19-rc1-git8 (?) and works now

I'm sure cheater will find some fix for this issue ... :wink:

otherwise you'll have to use another kernel/-patchset or this kernel without network :oops:

Zubzub
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah my asix usb2.0-to-ethernet never worked with no-sources as well...
anyway
I can't compile the linux cisco vpn client, it does compile on gentoo-sources...

Code:
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c: In function ‘handle_vpnup’:
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c:310: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c:334: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c:335: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c: In function ‘do_cleanup’:
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c:378: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c: In function ‘recv_ip_packet_handler’:
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c:553: error: ‘CHECKSUM_HW’ undeclared (first use in this function)
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c:553: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c:553: error: for each function it appears in.)
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c:557: error: too many arguments to function ‘skb_checksum_help’
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c: In function ‘do_cni_send’:
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c:680: error: ‘CHECKSUM_HW’ undeclared (first use in this function)
/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.c:683: error: too many arguments to function ‘skb_checksum_help’
make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient/interceptor.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490/work/vpnclient] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.18-no2'
make: *** [default] Error 2

!!! ERROR: net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1568:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 937:   Called src_compile
  cisco-vpnclient-3des-4.8.00.0490.ebuild, line 47:   Called die

!!! Failed to make module 'cisco_ipsec'
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
_dA_CyANIDe
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change CHECKSUM_HW to CHECKSUM_PARTIAL in sources of cisco-vpn client and try then. ;)
StinkiePhish
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on VMWare support with this kernel?

vmware-modules won't build, as other users in this thread have pointed out.

How do I build the modules for another kernel (like viper?) and then use them with the no2 kernel, as one user previously suggested?
I have tried copying the vmmon.ko and vmnet.ko files from /lib/modules/2.6.18-gentoo-r2/misc folder into /lib/modules/2.6.18.no2/misc folded and "insmod"ing them, but I get "invalid module format" errors.
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkiePhish, you have to build those modules for the same / similar kernels:

try building those modules against 2.6.18-mm3 (no2 is based on it)

marcing
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: problems when emerging sys-fs/fuse Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got following problems when emerging sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0:

Code:

* Preparing fuse module
 * econf: updating fuse-2.6.0/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
 * econf: updating fuse-2.6.0/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
 * disabling confcache, binary cannot be found
./configure --prefix=/usr --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --with-kernel=/usr/src/linux --libdir=/usr/lib --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking kernel source directory... /usr/src/linux
checking kernel build directory... /usr/src/linux
checking kernel source version... 2.6.18-no2
checking if FUSE is configured in the kernel... no
checking if kernel defines kzalloc function... yes
checking if kernel defines fs_subsys... yes
checking whether lookup_instantiate_filp is defined... yes
checking if umount_begin is passed a vfsmount... yes
checking if inode has i_blksize field... no
checking if inode has i_private field... yes
checking if this is user mode linux... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
make -C /usr/src/linux M=/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel  modules
make[1]: Wej¶cie do katalogu `/usr/src/linux-2.6.18-no2'
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/dev.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/dir.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/file.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/inode.o
/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/dev.c:1073: error: unknown field 'readv' specified in initializer
/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/dev.c:1073: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/dev.c:1075: error: unknown field 'writev' specified in initializer
/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/dev.c:1075: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/dev.o] B³±d 1
make[2]: *** Oczekiwanie na niezakoñczone zadania....
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/control.o
/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/file.c:853: error: 'generic_file_read' undeclared here (not in a function)
/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/file.c:854: error: 'generic_file_write' undeclared here (not in a function)
make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel/file.o] B³±d 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0/work/fuse-2.6.0/kernel] B³±d 2
make[1]: Opuszczenie katalogu `/usr/src/linux-2.6.18-no2'
make: *** [all-spec] B³±d 2

!!! ERROR: sys-fs/fuse-2.6.0 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1568:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 937:   Called src_compile
  fuse-2.6.0.ebuild, line 49:   Called linux-mod_src_compile
  linux-mod.eclass, line 482:   Called die

!!! Unable to make  majver=2.6
                          fusemoduledir=//lib/modules/2.6.18-no2/fs all.

Is it no2 related?
f0rk
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use no2-sources and fuse merged well...
doman
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 2.6.18-no2 and I have the same error as marcing :(
_dA_CyANIDe
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try new 2.6.19-rc5-mm2. There is everything ok with fuse.
zxy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope 2.6.19 based no-sources will be available soon.
Qool
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: vmware-modules Reply with quote

I managed to emerge vmware-modules using a 2.6.18-mm3 kernel, as suggested by a poster above, and then copied over the module files vmnet.ko and vmmon.ko to the /lib/modules/2.6.18-no2/misc directory.

The modules load fine now (along with vmware-config.pl and /etc/init.d/vmware), but they don't seem to work. Whenever I try to start a virtual machine from vmware workstation while using the 2.6.18-no2 kernel, the whole PC just reboots immediately without any warning. And nothing gets logged in /var/log/messages. Anyone else having this problem?

For the record, this is an amd64 system, and versions of the vmware ebuilds I used are vmware-modules-1.0.0.15-r1 and vmware-workstation-5.5.3.34685. This kernel works great on my system, except for this one problem with vmware!
AaronPPC
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zxy wrote:
I hope 2.6.19 based no-sources will be available soon.

2.6.19 is in the wild now...
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how things are going, but my mom is still in the hospital and I hope someone else will see this and rise to the occasion to make a new no-sources for me.
Lost in android development land.
nbvcxz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Cheater - hope Youm Mother is going better we wish her good health and waiting for you back @gentoo with no-sources
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: