upstart scripts [working]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phsdv
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: upstart scripts [working] Reply with quote

I know more people are interested in getting upstart working on Gentoo. I have tried (a little), but so far I was not able to get the furter then a agetty on a readonly system. Does someone has more succes?

A more general question, what is the best way to go forward to get a working upstart for gentoo? I know someone is working on a script to translate the gentoo init scripts to upstart, which would give a good base to work on. But maybe we should also work on new upstart scripts that uses the full power of upstart. (of course we can start with the translated scripts).

I know that upstart is still in flux, and many things can still change. If we try now, we can have some influence on upstart and push it in direction that also works for gentoo.

[EDIT Oct-28] I can now boot and reboot with upstart! See my upstart blog for my scripts and ebuild that I used.
[EDIT Oct-29] TTY's did not get started, due to missing event of runlevel change. fixed this in version event.d-0.1
[EDIT Nov-12] changed the url, now pointing to my upstart blog
Paul

Last edited by phsdv on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
drjimmy42
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out this thread

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-492962-start-0-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-.html
phsdv
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjimmy42 wrote:
check out this thread
drjimmy42, that thread got me started in doing this ;-). I wanted to start a seperate thread talking only about upstart.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: