gpm, screen, & (e)links/mc etc.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonqrandom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: gpm, screen, & (e)links/mc etc. Reply with quote

apparently there's a patch for gpm that makes it work properly with programs that use gpm under screen - how do i invoke this happy magic?
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the patch, copy the ebuild to an overlay, place the patch in the files directory under the gpm directory in the overlay, modify the ebuild to apply the patch, digest the ebuild, emerge the version of gpm present in the overlay. Actually, if I read the ebuild correctly, if the patch is properly named and placed while an overlay would still be necessary the ebuild should not need modified.
jonqrandom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so i feel like a bit of a muppet ;) i tried just adding another epatch line referencing the gpm.screen.diff, and digesting it, but emerge fails because the patch references a different .c file (or at least location) than the one from the ebuild, and reading the gpm-configure-LANG.patch was no help because it doesn't seem to refer to any files :/ at this point, am i better off keeping trying to shoehorn the patch into the ebuild, or getting the original sources, patching them, and injecting them? or am i just way off base here? :roll:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: