Logitech di Novo Bluetooth?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marco1475
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Logitech di Novo Bluetooth? Reply with quote

Hi!

I am thinking about trying out my new Logitech di Novo Media Desktop Laser keyboard/mouse combo with Gentoo and I was just wondering about a couple of things. First of all, as you can see on the product page, both keyboard and mouse connect via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth dongle that is placed into the USB port.

The question is: Do I need to enable Bluetooth support in the kernel for the dongle to work (i.e. the dongle simply passes the BT information it receives along to the PC using USB), or does the dongle "translate" BT commands into typical keyboard/mouse commands and sends them on using USB, in which case I wouldn't need the BT support in the kernel?

And then of course there is the question if anyone used it with Linux, got it to work, what were the experiences, problems, etc. I found a web page basically covering the installation, but I also wanted to get the Gentoo forum opinions :wink:

Any information will be appreciated.
ashtophet
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-231506-highlight-dinovo.html

a very simple search on forums...

Yes, you'll have to enable BT support on kernel if you want to use it via BT connection.

I'm using diNovo keyboard from one year ago now. Almost everything runs smoothly, multimedia keys, BT receiver... Unfortunately, there's currently no way to get LCD working (for instance, to get info about MPD now playing song, etc...).

Cheers.
marco1475
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Thanks ... I guess it always pays off to first search directly for the term you need and not to think: "Something that specific won't return any results, I'll try a workaround search."

Much obliged.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: