View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeliciousT
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to say that the new version of audacious-plugins contains a projectM plugin which works beautifully! Great work.
nenolod
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob1977 wrote:
Thanks nenolog answering me,

I am happy that mplayer will stay in audacious. It is really a good thing! Nice
Quote:
See audtool --help -- it can remote control Audacious.

I already looked at it. I saw options to move in playlist, play/pause/stop a song, get all infos we could want but nothing for seeking in a song ( forward and backward of 5 seconds for examples).
I use audacious-1.2.2 , audacious-plugins-1.2.5 audacious-plugins-ugly-1.2.0

EDIT:
In fact, there was the old version of audtool (1.1 from svn) that was still here. I removed it and now I have the options playback-seek and playback-seek-relative. playback-seek works but I wasn't able to do the same with playback-seek-relative. When playing, I tried:
Code:

audtool playback-seek-relative 3
audtool playback-seek-relative +3
audtool playback-seek-relative -3
audtool playback-seek-relative -0:01

but none worked. The song restarted playing from the beginning.

It's not really a big problem

This has been fixed in audtool 1.3.0-alpha1.
nenolod
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eq-audacious 0.9 has been updated for audacious 1.3. hopefully, it will hit gentoo's portage tree soon.
bob1977
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thanks.

Just a note abut the ebuild: audacious-1.3.0-alpha1 and audacious-plugins-1.3.0-alpha1 aren't compatible with audacious-plugin-ugly-1.2 so you must uninstall it otherwise audacious crash every time you try to play or add files in playlist.
nenolod
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob1977 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Just a note abut the ebuild: audacious-1.3.0-alpha1 and audacious-plugins-1.3.0-alpha1 aren't compatible with audacious-plugin-ugly-1.2 so you must uninstall it otherwise audacious crash every time you try to play or add files in playlist.

They are compatible -- you just need to rebuild it due to an ABI change.
yabbadabbadont
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nenolod wrote:
bob1977 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Good to know, thanks.

By the way, whoever maintains the audacious-1.3.0-alpha1 ebuild should add an post inst ewarn about the ABI changes so that the user will know to rebuild affected packages.
bob1977
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ok, I didn't know that. That's done now and that works!

A thing that I didn't see in audtool is to select the session of audacious we control. With this last option, all will be fine for remote controlling audacious for me.
nenolod
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob1977 wrote:
Quote:

Ok, I didn't know that. That's done now and that works!

A thing that I didn't see in audtool is to select the session of audacious we control. With this last option, all will be fine for remote controlling audacious for me.

AUDTOOL_REMOTE_URI="unix:///tmp/audacious_user.session" audtool <command>
nenolod
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yabbadabbadont wrote:
nenolod wrote:
bob1977 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Good to know, thanks.

By the way, whoever maintains the audacious-1.3.0-alpha1 ebuild should add an post inst ewarn about the ABI changes so that the user will know to rebuild affected packages.

This will likely be added to the ebuild for alpha2.
Simius
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Writeup on audacious plugin interface Reply with quote

Hi!

I wonder if somebody could do a quick writeup on what has changed in the plugin API of Audacious since XMMS. (I still found functions with "xmms" in their names in the header files, so I guess it's not that different. Or is it?)
I have searched the net, including the homepage of audacious, without finding any guide on writing audacious plugins, or porting xmms plugins to audacious. If there is such a documentation, could somebody post a link?
nenolod
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Writeup on audacious plugin interface Reply with quote

Simius wrote:
Hi!

I wonder if somebody could do a quick writeup on what has changed in the plugin API of Audacious since XMMS. (I still found functions with "xmms" in their names in the header files, so I guess it's not that different. Or is it?)
I have searched the net, including the homepage of audacious, without finding any guide on writing audacious plugins, or porting xmms plugins to audacious. If there is such a documentation, could somebody post a link?

We're working on updating the BMP plugin porting guide, but we have other priorities such as removing XMMS design defects. I've posted some basic stuff here: http://audacious-media-player.org/Documentation (updated as of today).
Simius
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Writeup on audacious plugin interface Reply with quote

nenolod wrote:
Simius wrote:
Hi!

We're working on updating the BMP plugin porting guide, but we have other priorities such as removing XMMS design defects. I've posted some basic stuff here: http://audacious-media-player.org/Documentation (updated as of today).

Thanks for the info.

By the way, I see that the projectM plugin is now in 1.3.0_alpha2. Is there (going to be) a standalone backport of it for 1.2.2?
nenolod
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Writeup on audacious plugin interface Reply with quote

Simius wrote:
nenolod wrote:
Simius wrote:
Hi!

Thanks for the info.

By the way, I see that the projectM plugin is now in 1.3.0_alpha2. Is there (going to be) a standalone backport of it for 1.2.2?

The 1.2 branch is frozen at the moment. If there becomes a window for another maintainance update to it, it will be considered.
1.3 is architecturally superior in most ways, so most effort is being concentrated on first getting 1.3 into action, and then taking the 1.3 branch into the wonderful world we know as Audacious 2.x.
chrisduck
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeliciousT wrote:
I am happy to say that the new version of audacious-plugins contains a projectM plugin which works beautifully! Great work.

YAY! Thanks nenolod!

I hope that in the future, some features like true gapless playback and mass tagging support ala foobar2k are in the works. Audacious is definitely my favorite audio player for linux!
Element Dave
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Aac Reply with quote

nenolod wrote:
R.I.P. wrote:
nenolod wrote:

APE plugin at http://www.netswarm.net/misc/audacious-mac-0.1.2.tar.bz2 via joker@g.o

waiting for it to be in portage.
is there any estimation when audacious-plugins will be available including this one?

MAC is non-free (licence is legally encumbered), and thus cannot be included in audacious. It can only be distributed by thirdparty.

That is only true according to the GPL-nazis. The author says otherwise:

Code:
License Agreement

1. The Monkey's Audio SDK and source code can be freely used to add APE format playback, encoding, or tagging support to any product, free or commercial.  Use of the code for proprietary efforts that don't support the official APE format require written consent of the author.

2. Monkey's Audio source can be included in GPL and open-source software, although Monkey's Audio itself will not be subjected to external licensing requirements or other viral source restrictions.

[...]

Here is a link to the complete license agreement (all of 6 concise sentences):
http://www.monkeysaudio.com/license.html

The author's intent is made quite clear, and that is what's important, not whether it falls under a canned license.
nenolod
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Aac Reply with quote

Element Dave wrote:
nenolod wrote:
R.I.P. wrote:
nenolod wrote:

APE plugin at http://www.netswarm.net/misc/audacious-mac-0.1.2.tar.bz2 via joker@g.o

waiting for it to be in portage.
is there any estimation when audacious-plugins will be available including this one?

MAC is non-free (licence is legally encumbered), and thus cannot be included in audacious. It can only be distributed by thirdparty.

That is only true according to the GPL-nazis. The author says otherwise:

Code:
License Agreement

1. The Monkey's Audio SDK and source code can be freely used to add APE format playback, encoding, or tagging support to any product, free or commercial.  Use of the code for proprietary efforts that don't support the official APE format require written consent of the author.

2. Monkey's Audio source can be included in GPL and open-source software, although Monkey's Audio itself will not be subjected to external licensing requirements or other viral source restrictions.

[...]

Here is a link to the complete license agreement (all of 6 concise sentences):
http://www.monkeysaudio.com/license.html

The author's intent is made quite clear, and that is what's important, not whether it falls under a canned license.

As long as Gentoo and Debian do not include MAC, we will not either. Their concern is one of legality. If you want support for it in the tree, then make an alternative decompressor, AND make sure that it is compliant with debian free-software guidelines.

There is already an alternative, but it is implemented in Java, which is obviously not going to work.

(An alternative would be to get enough community support for an audacious-plugins-nonfree package, which would be able to support MAC.)
Simius
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Aac Reply with quote

It's a bit beside the point, but I decided to convert all MAC files to FLAC, as MAC doesn't provide significantly better compression, and is much more vulnerable than FLAC. Also, FLAC support is much wider.
Mehlano
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeliciousT wrote:

wonderful!!

..that's what I'm looking for... :))

..thank u so much! I'll test it when my beryl runs again.. ;)

best regards!

-
eike
Registered Linux User #437626
brenzi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: sndstretch plugin? Reply with quote

The only reason for me to keep using xmms is the sndstretch plugin which can slow down music at unchanged pitch.
Any chance this will be ported?

cheers
Alain
lysergicacid
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue-Steel wrote:
This is the only plugin that i really would like to have for audacious.

* net-misc/liveice [ Masked ]
Latest version available: 2000530
Size of files: 83 kB
Homepage: http://star.arm.ac.uk/~spm/software/liveice.html
Description: Live Source Client For IceCast
License: as-is

i'll bump that its the only plugin i want too
Motoi-Sakuraba-Milfeuille
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody please port over mpg123 to Audacious 1.3? 1.3's mp3 decoding plugin now uses libmad, which on a VIA C3 takes up ~30% CPU, high 20s without replaygain. Please? PLEASE?
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: sndstretch plugin? Reply with quote

brenzi wrote:
The only reason for me to keep using xmms is the sndstretch plugin which can slow down music at unchanged pitch.

cheers
Alain

I would be great... I miss this plugin too :/
01mf02
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: sndstretch plugin? Reply with quote

Holysword wrote:
brenzi wrote:

cheers
Alain

I would be great... I miss this plugin too :/

I'm currently working on a port, so stay tuned! :wink:
Just being curious: What do you use this plugin for?
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I wanna learn a new song, sometimes, is really nice to slow down the tempo of the music. So u can hear the notes clearly ( in the "high speed" parts :P ) and improve your speed according to your skill.

Sure, I'll stay tuned :D
01mf02
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holysword wrote:
When I wanna learn a new song, sometimes, is really nice to slow down the tempo of the music. So u can hear the notes clearly ( in the "high speed" parts :P ) and improve your speed according to your skill.

Sure, I'll stay tuned :D

Interesting - I could use that for my piano pieces too! :P

Anyway, it's in SVN now. Test it with instructions from here. And have much fun!

Just note that I've only ported the effect plugin parts, because I think using this an output plugin is defective by design.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: