suggestions for some cd tools?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blommethomas
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: suggestions for some cd tools? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm searching for an easy-to-use tool to make covers for my cd's on linux. I would like to be able to store them as an image on my mounted share, because I don't have a printer attached to my linux.

Furthermore I'd like to order all the music on my pc. The best solution would be a program that puts the filenames of all songs in a syntax. If possible I'd like this format to be recognised by amaroK so I can search my music library(where all files would be stored in 1 directory, very difficult to search in) with amaroK and get the music categorized by song, genre, cd ...

I have heard you do not need a special syntax for this, but you can work with IDE-tags. This would be very usefull but I don't know if such thing is implemented in KDE

Cheers,
bushvin
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: suggestions for some cd tools? Reply with quote

blommethomas wrote:
Hello,

Hello fellow-countryman... 8)
blommethomas wrote:

I'm searching for an easy-to-use tool to make covers for my cd's on linux. I would like to be able to store them as an image on my mounted share, because I don't have a printer attached to my linux.

GIMP?

blommethomas wrote:

Furthermore I'd like to order all the music on my pc. The best solution would be a program that puts the filenames of all songs in a syntax. If possible I'd like this format to be recognised by amaroK so I can search my music library(where all files would be stored in 1 directory, very difficult to search in) with amaroK and get the music categorized by song, genre, cd ...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, but if you are looking for a tool to edit your id3 tags, I can reccommend easytag (it's in portage, although it might be masked)
blommethomas wrote:

I have heard you do not need a special syntax for this, but you can work with IDE-tags. This would be very usefull but I don't know if such thing is implemented in KDE
Cheers,

Not that I know of...
blommethomas
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id3-tags was what I meant :D

about the gimp: that's what i use now but I would like to have an easy tool which can be edited as an excel for example and then printed. In the gimp you need to change your image every time you have a new cd(I do not wan't the normal cd cover but a cd cover on which you can see all songs that are on the cd, no more no less, this would it make usefull to make my own cd's too.

You get that?
psyqil
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
[I] app-cdr/koverartist
     Available versions:  0.4 0.4.4
     Installed:           0.4.4[04:30:03 PM 10/18/2006][cddb -debug xinerama arts]
     Homepage:            http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=38195
     Description:         Koverartist is a KDE program for fast creation of covers for cd/dvd cases and boxes.
blommethomas
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx to both of you
blommethomas
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

koverartis should work perfect if you have a printer installed on your linux box.
I don't have, I always share files using samba with my dad's windows box and print over there.
I have no admin rights on that pc so I cannot install a windows utility.

If anyone has better suggestions please tell.
Otherwise the best windows alternatives are welcome and I'll try to get my dad to install them
psyqil
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try to print a PDF and transfer that to your father's machine:
Code:
* net-print/cups-pdf
     Available versions:  1.7.0a 2.4.2
     Installed:           none
     Homepage:            http://cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~vrbehr/cups-pdf/
     Description:         Provides a virtual printer for CUPS to produce PDF files.
bushvin
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or hook up to his printer through cups....
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: