View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl70
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Is Firefox 2.0 hijacking keystrokes? Reply with quote

The accounting software I use for my business, sql-ledger, has shortcut keys assigned to buttons. E.g., ``post'' is Alt-O, ``update'' is Alt-U, etc. I find that now in Firefox 2.0, those key combinations don't have any effect. (They still work on computers still running 1.5.0.7.) Using the mouse is so inefficient! Does anyone know how to disable this?

Thanks.
suicidal_orange_II
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can modify firefox's keybindings (along with everything else) by typing about:config in the address bar. I don't know which ones you need to change though.

Good luck

Suicidal_Orange
sl70
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I did was look in about:config, but I couldn't find anything likely.

Anyway, now I'm thinking it's not firefox after all, because I'm noticing the same thing in Opera. I went through all the packages I'm built in the last 2 weeks (since I started noticing this problem) and nothing stands out as likely suspect.

*Sigh*
wynn
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Firefox 2.0, the shortcut keys for bold "alt+b" (as the heading above this reply says helpfully) doesn't work any longer.

However, in a news message SpamCop says (said! it's gone now) that Alt+Shift+key should be used instead and bold is back again.

Perhaps this will solve your problem too.
The avatar is jorma, a "duck" from "Elephants Dream": the film and all the production materials have been made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License, see orange.blender.org for details.
puke
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The devs have changed the shortcuts to be Alt+Shift+key instead of Alt+key. You can get used to this, or you can change it back to the previous behaviour with about:config:

change ui.key.chromeAccess to 5
change ui.key.contentAccess to 4

This will allow Alt+key for webpage shortcuts and Alt+Shift+key for Firefox's menu shortcuts.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: