View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mshmsh
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: [FIXED] Missing text in most menu bars and tool bars Reply with quote

I updated my system and the text is gone from all the menus, all the start bars, all the tool tips. The text becoms visible only when I mouse over the item.THis happens in both xfce4 and gnome. So it likely has to do with xorg.conf or new nvidia drivers or some such. Just not sure how to trouble-shoot this. I now have

Code:

xorg-x11 - 7.11
x11-libs/gtk+-2.8.19
x11-libs/cairo-1.2.4
x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-1.0.9629 (Updated to ~x86 to check if it would solve my problems)
kde 3.5.5

Also related maybe the problem I described here, the colors on my scrollbars, background of my menubar, toolbars in most apps have gotten suddenly changed to ugly dark colors: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-518841.html

Last edited by mshmsh on Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
mshmsh
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: [FIXED] Missing text in most menu bars and tool bars Reply with quote

I fixed this by getting rid of all the configuration files, in my home directory and restarting X. This was most likely caused by some app writing a corrupt .gtkrc or other configuration file.

Shyam
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: