SDL on amd64?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iaw
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: SDL on amd64? Reply with quote

I am trying to recompile kdeaddons-3.5.9.

checking for SDL - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** Could not run SDL test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding SDL or finding the wrong
*** version of SDL. If it is not finding SDL, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
configure: error: --with-sdl was given, but test for SDL failed

so, I tried emerging either the latest or the prerelease of libsdl. Doesn't work. The ebuilds give me a nice sdl-config executable, but nothing that seems like a library. Nothing matches ldconfig -p | grep libsdl, and nothing called libsdl with an so extension exists anywhere in the file system (so I would not know what to add to ld.so.conf, either). and yes, I did run ldconfig.

what exactly should kdeaddons be finding? help appreciated.

/iaw
McLink
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The library is actually libSDL - i.e. with the SDL in uppercase.

I had a similar problem a few days ago on my x86 box, but the problem wasn't related to SDL; rather, it was with libslang. Try compiling and running the following program and see what the output is:
Code:
// File main.c
//
// Compile as follows:
//    gcc -lSDL main.c

#include <SDL/SDL.h>

int main (int argc, char **argv)
{
   SDL_Init (SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING);
   SDL_Quit ();

return 0;
}

If running the program (a.out) gives an error stating that it can't find a library (in my case, it was libslang-utf8.so.1), run revdep-rebuild as follows:
Code:
revdep-rebuild --library /usr/lib64/<name of missing library>

(Note: you need app-portage/gentoolkit in order to use revdep-rebuild.)
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can instead just run revdep-rebuild...
iaw
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy mess.

indeed, the libslang-utf8.so library is missing. oddly, revdep rebuild does not want to reemerge slang, but

emerge --oneshot -p =media-libs/libggi-2.2.2 =media-libs/libggiwmh-0.3.2 =sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2 =media-libs/xine-lib-1.1.10.1-r1 =media-video/xine-ui-0.99.5 =kde-base/kdeaddons-3.5.9

does libslang belong elsewhere?

so revdep-rebuild is necessary (though I am hesitant using it, as it always is rebuilding my C compiler---one of the oldest gentoo bugs around). alas, revdep-rebuild cannot complete, either, and it dies on the first bite, libggi:

libtool: link: echo "local: *; };" >> .libs/libggi.ver
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -shared .libs/builtins.o .libs/colormap.o .libs/db.o .libs/dl.o .libs/events.o .libs/ext.o .libs/gc.o .libs/init.o .libs/internal.o .libs/mode.o .libs/probe.o .libs/stubs.o .libs/swar.o .libs/unix.o .libs/visual.o -Wl,--whole-archive ../display/auto/.libs/libauto.a ../default/stubs/.libs/libstubs.a ../default/pseudo_stubs/.libs/libpseudo_stubs.a ../default/color/.libs/libcolor.a ../default/text_16/.libs/libtext_16.a ../default/text_32/.libs/libtext_32.a ../default/linear_1/.libs/liblinear_1.a ../default/linear_16/.libs/liblinear_16.a ../default/linear_1_r/.libs/liblinear_1_r.a ../default/linear_2/.libs/liblinear_2.a ../default/linear_24/.libs/liblinear_24.a ../default/linear_32/.libs/liblinear_32.a ../default/linear_4/.libs/liblinear_4.a ../default/linear_4_r/.libs/liblinear_4_r.a ../default/linear_8/.libs/liblinear_8.a ../default/planar/.libs/libplanar.a ../default/ilbm/.libs/libilbm.a ../default/iplanar_2p/.libs/libiplanar_2p.a ../default/fbdev/mga/2164w/.libs/libm2164w.a ../default/fbdev/mga/g400/.libs/libmga_g400.a ../default/fbdev/ati/mach64/.libs/libmach64.a ../display/aa/.libs/libaa.a ../display/fbdev/.libs/libfbdev.a ../display/file/.libs/libfile.a ../display/ipc/.libs/libipc.a ../display/linvtsw/.libs/liblinvtsw.a ../display/mansync/.libs/libmansync.a ../display/memory/.libs/libmemory.a ../display/monotext/.libs/libmonotext.a ../display/multi/.libs/libmulti.a ../display/palemu/.libs/libpalemu.a ../display/sub/.libs/libsub.a ../display/tele/.libs/libtele.a ../display/terminfo/.libs/libterminfo.a ../display/tile/.libs/libtile.a ../display/trueemu/.libs/libtrueemu.a ../display/vcsa/.libs/libvcsa.a ../display/X/.libs/libx.a ../display/X/helper/dbe/.libs/libhelper_x_dbe.a ../display/X/helper/dga/.libs/libhelper_x_dga.a ../display/X/helper/evi/.libs/libhelper_x_evi.a ../display/X/helper/shm/.libs/libhelper_x_shm.a ../display/X/helper/vidmode/.libs/libhelper_x_vidmode.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -L/usr/lib /usr/lib64/libaa.so .:/home/ivo/bin/bin.i386:/home/ivo/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/kde/3.5/bin/:/home/local/texlive/2007//bin/x86_64-linux -L/usr/lib64 -lslang -lm -lncurses /usr/lib64/libXxf86vm.so /usr/lib64/libgii.so /usr/lib64/libXxf86dga.so /usr/lib64/libXext.so /usr/lib64/libX11.so /usr/lib64/libXau.so /usr/lib64/libXdmcp.so /usr/lib64/libgg.so -ldl -lpthread -lc -march=nocona -Wl,-soname -Wl,libggi.so.2 -Wl,-version-script -Wl,.libs/libggi.ver -o .libs/libggi.so.2.0.2
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc: .:/home/ivo/bin/bin.i386:/home/ivo/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/kde/3.5/bin/:/home/local/texlive/2007//bin/x86_64-linux: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [libggi.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libggi-2.2.2/work/libggi-2.2.2/ggi'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libggi-2.2.2/work/libggi-2.2.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

this looks weird, because x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc exists just fine:

# which x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
/usr/X11R6/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc

I am sorry to bug you guys with such detailed questions. if something looks obvious, please let me know.

/iaw

Portage 2.1.4.4 (default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.6.1-r0, 2.6.24 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.24 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Timestamp of tree: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:00:01 +0000
app-shells/bash: 3.2_p17-r1
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.1.4
dev-lang/python: 2.4.4-r9
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.11.1
sys-apps/sandbox: 1.2.18.1-r2
sys-devel/autoconf: 2.13, 2.61-r1
sys-devel/automake: 1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils: 2.18-r1
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool: 1.5.26
virtual/os-headers: 2.6.23-r3
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=nocona -pipe -O2"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=nocona -pipe -O2"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer noinfo parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms splitdebug strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://adelie.polymtl.ca/ http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo http://gentoo.mirrors.pair.com/ http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/"
LC_ALL="POSIX"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="# #mysql 3dnow X aac aalib acl acpi alsa amd64 apache2 arts asf atlas audio berkdb bitmap-fonts blas bonobo bzip2 bzlib cairo calendar cddb cdr cli cracklib crypt cups curl dbus directfb dri dv dvd dvdr dvdread eds emacs emboss encode esd evo examples f77 fam fbcon ffmpeg firefox fortran ftp g77 gcj gdbm ggi gif gnome gphoto2 gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 gtkhtml guile hal hdhomerun iconv ieee1394 imagemagick imlib ipv6 isdnlog java javascript jpeg kde kdeenablefinal kerberos ldap libedit libwww lm_sensors mad mbox midi mikmod mime mmx mmx2 mono motif mozilla mp3 mpeg mpeg-4 mudflap mval nas ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin ogg opengl openmp oss pam pcm pcre pdf perl png postgres ppds pppd python qt qt3 qt3support qt4 quicktime readline reflection ruby samba scanner sdl server session slang snmp soap spell spl sse sse2 ssl svg symlink tcltk tcpd tidy tiff tightvnc truetype type1 unicode usb utempter vnc vorbis wma xinerama xml xml2 xorg xv xvid zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_anon authn_dbd authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers ident imagemap include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation proxy proxy_ajp proxy_balancer proxy_connect proxy_http rewrite setenvif so speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="video_cards_nv"
Unset: CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS, MAKEOPTS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, PORTDIR_OVERLAY
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: