USB headset hotplugging
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CloudBolt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: USB headset hotplugging Reply with quote

I have a Logitech headset, which uses snd-usb-audio, and which works perfectly. I also have an onboard nForce 4 AC97 audio controller, which uses snd-intel8x0 as its driver, and also works fine. but now my problem, I want ALSA to set the default output device to my headset whenever it's plugged in, and to my onboard audio controller whenever the headset isn't plugged in. is there any way to do this?
thanks in advance! :D
DOS is a boot partition virus.
Zepp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: USB headset hotplugging Reply with quote

CloudBolt wrote:
I have a Logitech headset, which uses snd-usb-audio, and which works perfectly. I also have an onboard nForce 4 AC97 audio controller, which uses snd-intel8x0 as its driver, and also works fine. but now my problem, I want ALSA to set the default output device to my headset whenever it's plugged in, and to my onboard audio controller whenever the headset isn't plugged in. is there any way to do this?
thanks in advance! :D

I don't know the steps for changing the default audio output device (I've only ever had one ;)), but I can tell you that you can have udev call a script or command when the headset is connected and removed. This should allow you to switch between the two, have a look at this http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html#external-run should get you going as far as udev is concerned.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: