Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrylava wrote:
When I try to install it with the ebuild it says that the ebuild is corrupted. Since nobody else has reported this problem, I believe I must be doing something wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

did you digest it first?

cheers

banned from #gentoo since sept 2017
dixtow
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
e521 eveonline-000062-r1 # ebuild eveonline-000062-r1.ebuild digest
Appending /usr/local/portage/games-rpg to PORTDIR_OVERLAY...
!!! /usr/local/portage/games-rpg does not seem to have a valid PORTDIR structure.
e521 eveonline-000062-r1 # pwd
/usr/local/portage/games-rpg/eveonline/eveonline-000062-r1
e521 eveonline-000062-r1 # ls -lah
total 4.0K
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   96 Nov 26 18:06 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root   88 Nov 26 18:06 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1.2K Nov 26 17:49 eveonline-000062-r1.ebuild
e521 eveonline-000062-r1 #

Uhm...? How is this an invalid portdir structure? Any help? I haven't done much with local ebuild overlays, but I've never had this error doing one before...
ShadowIce
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The path should be "/usr/local/portage/games-rpg/eveonline/" and not "/usr/local/portage/games-rpg/eveonline/eveonline-000062-r1/".
vanten
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw your ebuild replys after downloading the offical installer. Going to install it that way, but Good Luck. Eve is a nice game.

I currently have both wine (git) and offical cedega client (installing the last atm), cheacking out witch works best for me, I got the space for the clients so why not :roll: 8)
bobber205
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having terrible luck with this app. :(

Code:

Please set CEDEGA_UPDATER_PATH to the directory containing your CVS checkout of the installer/updater.

I ran eve as root, did a multiuser install with users root and alex as being the ones I wanted.

I made sure both were in games then I killed X and restarted it and KDE
I get the coded line when I try to run eve as my user alex. When I try to run as root I get
Code:

Multi-user install...
CEDEGA_PATH is /home/alex/evefolder
This is the update checker...
Running /home/alex/evefolder/.updater/cedega_updater.py
We do not recommend continuing as Administrator/Root.

Which makes sense.

EDIT:
Tried wine and here is what I'm getting when I run wine eve.exe
Code:

fixme:process:IsWow64Process (0xffffffff 0x33fc34) stub!
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\python25.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\python25.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library python25.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\blue.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\blue.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\blue.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library blue.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\ExeFile.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\ExeFile.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\ExeFile.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\python25.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\python25.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library python25.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\ExeFile.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\alex\\evefolder\\EVE Online\\c_drive\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\ExeFile.exe" failed, status c0000135

bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobber205 wrote:
I ran eve as root, did a multiuser install with users root and alex as being the ones I wanted.

dump any .cedega dirs you have in /root and /home/alex and start over... you shouldn't have to run eve as root to install it.

cheers

sweatwindy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ,I ever play it
selenakyle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to install the official client, but it stops working near the end of the install (I think it's near the end anyway)

Code:

Running... /home/heresyte/.cedega/.ui/runGUI
err:client:receive_fd FD went missing; attempting recoverywine client perror:0: write/writev: Bad file descriptor

Before that I recieved a bunch of "GtkDeprecationWarning" all throughout the install, but I didn't think posting all those would be relevant. Doing a google search for this error just brought up a few posts on the EVE forums, none of which were helpful to me. I'm not running 64bit and I have the latest versions of all the deps installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heresyte wrote:
Trying to install the official client, but it stops working near the end of the install (I think it's near the end anyway)

Code:

Running... /home/heresyte/.cedega/.ui/runGUI
err:client:receive_fd FD went missing; attempting recoverywine client perror:0: write/writev: Bad file descriptor

Before that I recieved a bunch of "GtkDeprecationWarning" all throughout the install, but I didn't think posting all those would be relevant. Doing a google search for this error just brought up a few posts on the EVE forums, none of which were helpful to me. I'm not running 64bit and I have the latest versions of all the deps installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

do you have dbus-python installed?

cheers

selenakyle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have dbus-python installed.

I found a post on the EVE forums that mentioned creating a cedega group and adding your user to it. I tried that, and now I no longer get that error, but it hangs with the CPU at 99% (same problem mentioned in the EVE post: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=633487&page=1#13)
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heresyte wrote:
Yes, I have dbus-python installed.

I found a post on the EVE forums that mentioned creating a cedega group and adding your user to it. I tried that, and now I no longer get that error, but it hangs with the CPU at 99% (same problem mentioned in the EVE post: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=633487&page=1#13)

ah!

/me slaps forehead

how about tossing that, and see if you're in the games group...? if that's the fix, i must have forgot to do that on my myth box. :lol:

selenakyle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, some weird stuff happened now. I had run "eve" in one terminal, it hung, so I hit ctrl-c.

Then I opened up a second terminal, ran "runGUI" on my own, and the GUI popped up. I tried to play EVE, but nothing happened, and again my CPU jumped to 99%. I saw in the description that you needed to run it in winxp mode, so I went to the options, set it to winxp (from win98 which is what it was at by default). Then I hit play again, nothing happened. I saw the stop button, hit that, and then some text appeared in the first terminal mentioned above, and EVE started in full-screen mode.

Now it works by running "eve" or by running runGUI and hitting play. What happened doesn't make sense to me but I guess changing the "winxp" option is what fixed it, maybe?

I haven't played though, I only made it to the login screen. I haven't resubscribed yet, I was only trying this because I intend to in a couple weeks after finals are over.

edit: yes, I am in the games group. I was also still in the cedega group when trying what I described above, I don't know if things would have been different if I wasn't in it.

Last edited by selenakyle on Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps... CCP did say they were cutting support for 9x/2k a while back. i'll confirm over the next couple days.

cheers

edit: yeah, it's not the games group either... strange.

h0mer`-
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea whats the problem for me here.... i am using the ebuild mentioned earlier in this thread and i am able to install it without any problems.

when i run the tests from the "eve -config" they all pass. but starting the game with eve just gives me a blank screen....remembered me of the old problem i had running eve with wine.... i couldnt solve that in the past even with putting the arial.ttf file into the proper directory. then i realize wtf is going on? isnt eve supposed to run in a cedega enviroment? why is it starting through wine again?
bobber205
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that cedega was a custom build of wine?
8O
h0mer`-
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but wtf is that blank screen shit....?

i wouldnt consider myself experienced dealing with wine issues but i followed like every thread about it and searched everywhere and nothing worked... apparently i am the only one with that problem....
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've cancelled my account. i'm tired of using an out-of-date and patched version of wine... and their client is such crap that i can't even undock without it crashing. the GM's refuse to dock my ship, and i can't log back in to dock it myself. tired of all the hassles and lackluster support by CCP. until such a time arises when their client will run on my PC, i'm gone.

and no, you can't have my stuff... it's going to sit in oblivion. :roll:

vanten
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

h0mer`- wrote:
i have no idea whats the problem for me here.... i am using the ebuild mentioned earlier in this thread and i am able to install it without any problems.

when i run the tests from the "eve -config" they all pass. but starting the game with eve just gives me a blank screen....remembered me of the old problem i had running eve with wine.... i couldnt solve that in the past even with putting the arial.ttf file into the proper directory. then i realize wtf is going on? isnt eve supposed to run in a cedega enviroment? why is it starting through wine again?
If you have problems with the official client please send a petition to CCP and post on there official forums, the folks at transgaming are reading the board.
I'm playing more or less without problems, only have bad fps imo. Hopefully will trinity runs smother. I didnt install eve throu the ebuild, downloaded there installer, but it should be the same. you (h0mer) shouldnt have that problem.

Edit: saw this when the forums where up again (they brought there website down while patching to trinity)
Take a look at this h0mer:
http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=632332
http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=484198
disi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this the old arial.ttf error. A font is missing in wine/cedega/whatever.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7342&iTestingId=11814

As far as I remember I needed to download the arial.ttf somewhere in the net.

A little bit disappointing is the fact, that this isn't a linux client but an emulation with wine/cedega. And it has even the same bugs.
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disi wrote:
Isn't this the old arial.ttf error. A font is missing in wine/cedega/whatever.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7342&iTestingId=11814

As far as I remember I needed to download the arial.ttf somewhere in the net.

A little bit disappointing is the fact, that this isn't a linux client but an emulation with wine/cedega. And it has even the same bugs.

no, the cedega build includes everything.

figured i'd try trinity briefly... while it loads nice and quick, it still crashes on me. glad i cancelled my account. :roll:

one of these days transgaming will fix their ati support. :?

CrazyIvanMN
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ATI.. :(

Yeah ATI is specifically mentioned as not supported. :(

One day they'll work out the kinks so it works flawlessly for everyone.. don't think that's today though.

On a side note, Trinity:Classic seems to be running fine for me, perhaps even slightly faster then Revelations 2. Only issue I had, was for some odd reason my it was trying to start with the eve-000061 engine, when there's already the eve-000071 engine..The older engine would give me just the splash screen, then go black and hang, just went into config swapped it to the eve-000071 engine, and started up fine).

They claim they'll have support for Trinity:Premium early next year, I can't wait... (I might even *gasp* boot to my windoze partition, first time in 6-8 months, just to see the pretty graphics engine.)

Though certainly lots o' bugs, but not limited to just the Cedega client.
meeneque
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody has success with Trinity? Any clues for wine (.50)?
Cr0t
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game works fine, however I have some really strange background sounds and keeps on breaking up in between. Any ideas?
dixtow
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up on the ebuild.

Clueless attempt to do the only obvious thing:
Code:
dustine@e521 ~/Desktop/Eve/usr/bin $ ./eve
Please set CEDEGA_UPDATER_PATH to the directory containing your CVS checkout of the installer/updater.

There are absolutely no instructions or documentation to tell me what to do with the .tgz that their page points to. Nothing in the file calls itself "installer" or is in anyway seeming to be an installation method. It's just a 3.5M pile of files that seem to have no use or purpose.
NobodyCares
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-dixtow
I can help with that problem. What you have to do is take all the files that extract from the tarball and replace them where they need to be in your root directory. You can copy them all in one foul swoop if you know how to with the terminal, or you can do what I had to do and copy them one by one while logged on as root in your WM.

I am having a bit of a different problem, and I have no idea how to fix it. I installed dbus-python and now I get a huge error message when I try to run eve. This is what I see:

Code:
andrew@NCLaptop ~ $ eve
Single-user install...
This is the update checker...
Running /home/andrew/.cedega/.updater/cedega_updater.py
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:69: GtkWarning: could not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
Running... /home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/runGUI
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:69: GtkWarning: could not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: Warning: invalid (NULL) pointer instance
  self.widgets = gtk.glade.XML(GLADE_FILE, None, "p2p_localized_msg")
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: Warning: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: GtkWarning: gtk_settings_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: GtkWarning: gdk_pango_context_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_font_description: assertion `context != NULL' failed
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_base_dir: assertion `context != NULL' failed
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_language: assertion `context != NULL' failed
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: Warning: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: GtkWarning: gdk_screen_get_display: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: GtkWarning: gdk_keymap_get_for_display: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/p2p_gui.py:78: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
/home/andrew/.cedega/.ui/runGUI: line 34: 14070 Segmentation fault      python ${P2PPATH}/Point2Play_gui.py "$@"
andrew@NCLaptop ~ $

Any ideas? This computer is not meant to be a gaming machine, but I do miss my MMO days from back when I still ran Windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: