Conrad-Projects, NEED INPUT
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thoffmeyer
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Conrad-Projects, NEED INPUT Reply with quote

Conrad-Projects

Anyways, some of you may know and some may not know, that conrad is gone, and we have no idea when he will be back, so what we asking for is your input on, Conrad Install Guide, Conrad LiveCD, No-Sources, and Neo-Portage...

Please post all feedback/comment/ideas/thing you want to see... in this thread.

Or in IRC @ irc.freenode.net

For Conrad Install Guide / Conrad LiveCD

#conrad

And for No-Sources / Neo-Portage

#no-sources

Please keep this respectable, and whatnot, we will try to reply as much as we can.

Keep in mind, we need your input to create the best: Install Guide, LiveCD, No-Sources, and Neo-Portage.

Thanks, thoffmeyer and joecool.

Join us on IRC
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #conrad
joecool
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to establish myself on the forums again, this will not be my primary method of communication.

Since conrad-projects became affiliated with no-sources because cheater sat in as a maintainer, development and the community will still be intertwined. We've been down for awhile since cheater was central to keeping things going and I have been busy with school and work.

That's changing, I'm stepping in as a current maintainer once again for no-sources, and will be working on its next release. I also want to continue to maintain neoportage and bring it up to date. For those of you who don't know what neoportage is, it is a svn/cvs ebuild overlay for portage. It was forked from fluidportage and needs user input to stay current.

I'm considering patches right now for no-sources, what it WILL have is a ck-base, I'm debating whether to include nosched to allow compile-time selection of cpu schedualer, as I feel Con Kolivas has a very competent schedualer for normal use. This release will not be designed for audio work, and hence will not include ingosched and related realtime features. What it's going to aim for is stability and performance that -ck allows, plus driver support and a few minor functionality patches.

I may pull some patches in from -mm, but this release is going to just try to be usable, hence might take some time for QA.
zxy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuhu, no is back again! :D
vipernicus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joecool wrote:
Just wanted to establish myself on the forums again, this will not be my primary method of communication.

Since conrad-projects became affiliated with no-sources because cheater sat in as a maintainer, development and the community will still be intertwined. We've been down for awhile since cheater was central to keeping things going and I have been busy with school and work.

That's changing, I'm stepping in as a current maintainer once again for no-sources, and will be working on its next release. I also want to continue to maintain neoportage and bring it up to date. For those of you who don't know what neoportage is, it is a svn/cvs ebuild overlay for portage. It was forked from fluidportage and needs user input to stay current.

I'm considering patches right now for no-sources, what it WILL have is a ck-base, I'm debating whether to include nosched to allow compile-time selection of cpu schedualer, as I feel Con Kolivas has a very competent schedualer for normal use. This release will not be designed for audio work, and hence will not include ingosched and related realtime features. What it's going to aim for is stability and performance that -ck allows, plus driver support and a few minor functionality patches.

I may pull some patches in from -mm, but this release is going to just try to be usable, hence might take some time for QA.

Nick Piggin wrote:
October 5, 2006
New nicksched on its way in a few days...

vipernicus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Conrad-Projects, NEED INPUT Reply with quote

thoffmeyer wrote:
Conrad-Projects

Anyways, some of you may know and some may not know, that conrad is gone, and we have no idea when he will be back, so what we asking for is your input on, Conrad Install Guide, Conrad LiveCD, No-Sources, and Neo-Portage...

#conrad

#no-sources

Please keep this respectable, and whatnot, we will try to reply as much as we can.

Keep in mind, we need your input to create the best: Install Guide, LiveCD, No-Sources, and Neo-Portage.

As acting Super Cool Editor, I'm wondering why I wasn't involved in the voting process of maintainership.
predatorfreak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Conrad-Projects, NEED INPUT Reply with quote

vipernicus wrote:
thoffmeyer wrote:
Conrad-Projects

#conrad

#no-sources

As acting Super Cool Editor, I'm wondering why I wasn't involved in the voting process of maintainership.

I nominate Vipernicus because he's not a junkie and he is a Texan! YEEHAWWW!
seren
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in, would love to help maintain the overlay / install guide.
Zmyrgel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a amd64 version of conrad installation. I'm currently doing that and I've faced few problems with the flags and packages. I posted the problems and solutions on the conrad installation guide thread so anyone interrested will know that has been done.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: