Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferg wrote:

After all who'd like to miss Doctor Who because of a piddling little upgrade... :-)

Cheers
Ferg

*One reason I used to like Debian was that you can subscribe to repositories that just contain security updates, rather than just newer packages.

Time has been short, so I have the entire season of the Second New Doctor on Myth, at the moment. My wife, son, and I watched The Christmas Invasion and School Reunion on New Years Eve, but the rest of the new second season is unwatched.

As for maintenance and security updates, I also maintain my mother's system, 600+ miles away. I have cron do a "glsa-check" daily, and "emerge --sync" weekly, and email the results to me. Somewhere I found an "upsecurity" command that applies what is needed to fix GLSAs. This system get security-only maintenance over ssh, and when I visit I bring the box fully up to date.

Even if there isn't a security repository, there are mechanisms to handle security-only maintenance.
ferg
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Ot Reply with quote

depontius wrote:
ferg wrote:

After all who'd like to miss Doctor Who because of a piddling little upgrade... :-)

Cheers
Ferg

Time has been short, so I have the entire season of the Second New Doctor on Myth, at the moment. My wife, son, and I watched The Christmas Invasion and School Reunion on New Years Eve, but the rest of the new second season is unwatched.

Well all I can say is that you have a treat in store for you. I'm not sure what you thought, but I thought the Christmas Invasion was excellent, but School Reunion was a disappointment. I would say the majority of the 2nd series is at least as good as the Christmas Invasion, a few are better!

(let's not discuss Torchwood!!!! )

Cheers
Ferg
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: