View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abracadaver
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: unreadable menus in Openbox 2.3.1 and Pekwm Reply with quote

in openbox 2.3.1 (not 2.3.0, fonts seem to be ok in that one..) and Pekwm 0.1.2 when a try to change to a theme other than the default the main menu becomes incredibly small, like only a few pixels wide, you can still navigate them though, and in openbox it just shows every entry as a - . the title bars however, appear just fine...

i've tried putting the exact font names in via xfontsel but this doesn't seem to work and im pretty sure my /etc/fonts/fonts.conf and XF86Config are pretty correct. could this have something to do with some kind of XFT and xfree-4.3.0-r2 conflict? i just unmerged XFT but it didn't solve the problem..i'm lost, any suggestions will be appreciated

thanks

oh yeah, also i'm more interested in getting this to work with Pekwm than openbox because i want to try it out, but i have a feeling it's not neccesarily a window manager specific problem

edit:: this is probably artwiz related...
S_aIN_t
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this ebuild...

http://kajigger.cjb.net/files/pekwm-0.1.3_pre2-ebuild.tar.bz2

extract it in /usr/local/portage/

pekwm-0.1.2 is quite old. and the theme format has changed. as far as i know, the themes work well with 0.1.3
absence of grace."
- William Gibson, "All Tomorrow's Parties"
----
http://petro.tanreisoftware.com
abracadaver
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the ebuild, but now i have an even stranger problem, no menus what-so-ever and if i right click something like gkrellm it's config box will come up but where there would normally be a title bar and such it's just a garbled mess of colour. ive had this problem with the 0.1.3 from source and also the cvs version and as its going through the ./configure i notice it does say enable menu support?.....yes or something to that effect
any thoughts?

edit::: ok the garbled mess of colours thing was simply that my config file was pointing to "default" theme and "default" theme doesn't exist anymore, it was changed to "minimal"

more edits:::: i snagged one of the "mouse" files off of pekwm.org and now everything workds fine

still more edits!!!!
i found out the exact font problem , i had incorrect permisions to the theme files
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: