Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How do I change the bitrate(file size) in mkvmerge GUI?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajnabi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: How do I change the bitrate(file size) in mkvmerge GUI? Reply with quote

I have been ripping DVDs with mmg which is the GUI mkvmerge frontend. It is fast and easy but I can't figure out how to make smaller files I need to stream over the Internet. Does anybody know what the command would be. It gives the command line equivalent of what it is doing and I can enter in additional command line options.

Example:
Code:

"mkvmerge" -o "/home/user/mp4/seaBiscuit.mkv"  --priority lowest -a 1,2,3 -d 0 -S /home/user/mp4/seaBiscuit.vod --track-order 0:0,0:1,0:2,0:3

The above command rips a 1 gig file that is quite good quality but I need to get a lot smaller. I might add that this is a movie that I am ripping but I will be ripping videoed presentations that don't need that good of a graphics quality.

Thanks
ibanja
Sten
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I change the bitrate(file size) in mkvmerge GUI? Reply with quote

ajnabi wrote:
I have been ripping DVDs with mmg which is the GUI mkvmerge frontend. It is fast and easy but I can't figure out how to make smaller files I need to stream over the Internet. Does anybody know what the command would be. It gives the command line equivalent of what it is doing and I can enter in additional command line options.

Example:
Code:

"mkvmerge" -o "/home/user/mp4/seaBiscuit.mkv"  --priority lowest -a 1,2,3 -d 0 -S /home/user/mp4/seaBiscuit.vod --track-order 0:0,0:1,0:2,0:3

The above command rips a 1 gig file that is quite good quality but I need to get a lot smaller. I might add that this is a movie that I am ripping but I will be ripping videoed presentations that don't need that good of a graphics quality.

Thanks
ibanja

You can’t change bitrate in mkvmerge. It is just multiplexer. You’ll need some encoder.

xor rsi,rsi
lodsb
Segmentation fault
ajnabi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Thanks for the information.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: