View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Is there a way in FVWM to.. Reply with quote

remove the title bar that pops up with panels, I'm trying to start gnome-panel in fvwm and when it starts there are two panels, and both have title bars on both and I was wondering if there was a way to remove those somehow?
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a way in FVWM to.. Reply with quote

tylerwylie wrote:
remove the title bar that pops up with panels, I'm trying to start gnome-panel in fvwm and when it starts there are two panels, and both have title bars on both and I was wondering if there was a way to remove those somehow?

In fvwm there is always a way to ;)

You are looking for Style "name" NoTitle.

You might find also interesting NoBorder, BorderWidth and TitleWidth. You can search for all of those in man fvwm. Ask here if you need more info.

EDIT, for panels you will also find interesting some of those properties: Sticky, !Iconifiable, FixedSize, FixedPosition, WindowListSkip, CirculateSkip, NeverFocus and -only maybe- Layer 0.
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a way in FVWM to.. Reply with quote

6thpink wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:

In fvwm there is always a way to ;)

You are looking for Style "name" NoTitle.

You might find also interesting NoBorder, BorderWidth and TitleWidth. You can search for all of those in man fvwm. Ask here if you need more info.

EDIT, for panels you will also find interesting some of those properties: Sticky, !Iconifiable, FixedSize, FixedPosition, WindowListSkip, CirculateSkip, NeverFocus and -only maybe- Layer 0.
Haha that worked, thanks, now this looks much better.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are wellcome. By the way, you can always the fvwm forums if you have some doubt. There are much more skilled people around there than me.

http://fvwm.lair.be/index.php
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6thpink wrote:
You are wellcome. By the way, you can always the fvwm forums if you have some doubt. There are much more skilled people around there than me.

http://fvwm.lair.be/index.php
Nah just solved my main 2 problems, getting the right .pngs for my window titlebar, and removing the titlebar off gnome-panel, now it's my good setup :) Just gonna start messing around with hex color codes in ~/.fvwm2rc now
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually one more question. Is there a way in fvwm to have my gnome apps use the icon set I want, sort of like gtk-chtheme for icons instead?
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerwylie wrote:
Actually one more question. Is there a way in fvwm to have my gnome apps use the icon set I want, sort of like gtk-chtheme for icons instead?

I'm not much into gnome. I suppose you could to it thru the gnome control panel, though I suspect that is not the answer you wanted to hear hehe :P

I personally use qtcurve in both gnome and kde, then I just set the kde icon theme and the gnome apps mostly use it as well (not all icons appear perfect).

If you want to use a gnome icon theme you can always change it manually in your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 as well, something like this *should* work:

Code:

gtk-icon-theme-name = "whatever"

I dont use that, but I use it for many other gtk stuff, since I use dark colours and the gtk defautls make the text invisible on most black backgrounds (so I have to manually set it via this file).
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6thpink wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:

I'm not much into gnome. I suppose you could to it thru the gnome control panel, though I suspect that is not the answer you wanted to hear hehe :P

I personally use qtcurve in both gnome and kde, then I just set the kde icon theme and the gnome apps mostly use it as well (not all icons appear perfect).

If you want to use a gnome icon theme you can always change it manually in your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 as well, something like this *should* work:

Code:

gtk-icon-theme-name = "whatever"

I dont use that, but I use it for many other gtk stuff, since I use dark colours and the gtk defautls make the text invisible on most black backgrounds (so I have to manually set it via this file).
Alright that worked, heh, lots of stuff for me to learn here I see when I use non-gnome/kde uis.
ThomasAdam
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerwylie wrote:

Code:
Style some_app EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon something.png, IconOverride, Icon foo.png

You might also want to look at EWMHDonateIcon and its ilk.

-- Thomas Adam
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomasAdam wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:

Code:
Style some_app EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon something.png, IconOverride, Icon foo.png

You might also want to look at EWMHDonateIcon and its ilk.

-- Thomas Adam
Just modifying my ~/.gtkrc-2.0 seemed to work, now, one last question here before I go to fvwm specific forums.
What do I add to my ~/.fvwm2rc to prevent the cursor hitting the edges to make my desktop wrap around to other workspaces, and how do I set it to focus on click instead of just moving my cursor over the window.
TIA
ThomasAdam
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerwylie wrote:
What do I add to my ~/.fvwm2rc to prevent the cursor hitting the edges to make my desktop wrap around to other workspaces, and how do I set it to focus on click instead of just moving my cursor over the window.
TIA

Both of those are answered in the various FAQs around.

To stop the page-flipping, you want:

Code:

EdgeScroll 0 0

As for the focus-on-click on want:

Code:

Style * ClickToFocus

When you register, I'll most likely approve your account.

-- Thomas Adam
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomasAdam wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:
TIA

Both of those are answered in the various FAQs around.

To stop the page-flipping, you want:

Code:

EdgeScroll 0 0

As for the focus-on-click on want:

Code:

Style * ClickToFocus

When you register, I'll most likely approve your account.

-- Thomas Adam

Danke schon agian.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: