Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay - monolithic ebuilds
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zephyrus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@x.para: Try to re-emerge Strigi.
@fb: I'll take a look at the kdeartwork problem as soon as I can, but I must warn you that I'm a bit busy these days and I can't work on the ebuilds full time. Sorry. :-(
Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lanchelot never works here ......
Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now plasma-extras needs kdepim.
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephyrus wrote:
@fb: I'll take a look at the kdeartwork problem as soon as I can, but I must warn you that I'm a bit busy these days and I can't work on the ebuilds full time. Sorry. :-(
Not a problem, I am just testing stuff and reporting the problems that I have.
I am not in such a hurry :wink: .
Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am trying made the same compile ,test and report.i now it is a lot of work.....i not hurry too :oops:
Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pastebin.ca/701774
error of compilation in kdebase...
Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pastebin.ca/701784
plasma error
Ingmarv
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maleita wrote:
http://pastebin.ca/701774
error of compilation in kdebase...

You are updating the svn ebuilds in the wrong order. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it'll just give you weird errors, like yours. :-)
If you want to do a clean update, do it in this order:
Code:
kdelibs kdepimlibs kdebase

Then add to taste. ;-)

Maleita wrote:
plasma error

There was one applet that doesn't compile here (the pager) so I've temporarily disabled it. Now it works for me.

Also, if you report errors, please make sure they're in english. Thank you :-)

Thanks for letting us know!
johanson
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Sry for my late answer but there was a lot of work ...
@dracula: thx, you're right. there was no kicker running. I'm started it from hand and i now i have 2 bars.
The kicker bar, from where i can start the apps, and the plasma bar, where i can see the runnings apps ;o)
Does anyone have the same behavior ?
I've took a screenshot that you see what i mean.
Screenshot

lg
johanson
Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingmarv you are right :oops:
Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ,lanchelot works ,but keep in desktop toolbar and is not possible drag and drop ,like others plasmoids,the run command looks very nice ,black ,and various effects like compiz ,very cool ,about my report is only warnings ,the error output is in english :lol:
smorg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingmarv wrote:

Maleita wrote:
plasma error

There was one applet that doesn't compile here (the pager) so I've temporarily disabled it. Now it works for me.

A few seconds ago plasma-extras (rev. 714233) built fine here, including the pager. I had not resynced the kde overlay by then.
dracula1985
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johanson wrote:
Hey,

Sry for my late answer but there was a lot of work ...
@dracula: thx, you're right. there was no kicker running. I'm started it from hand and i now i have 2 bars.
The kicker bar, from where i can start the apps, and the plasma bar, where i can see the runnings apps ;o)
Does anyone have the same behavior ?
I've took a screenshot that you see what i mean.
Screenshot

lg
johanson

Yeah, the same as me!

I don't know if it's an only mine problem, but the clock on the bottom side bar don't works, it remains at the time of the kde's starting.
Also, at kde's starting, some error dialogs appears, telling me that some applets (or widgets, I can't remember now) don't works...

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." --Oscar Wilde.
Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why kde 3.5 starts with 4??? yet delete /env.d/44kdepaths,but kde 3.5 always starts and i kill him.
dracula1985
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maleita wrote:
why kde 3.5 starts with 4??? yet delete /env.d/44kdepaths,but kde 3.5 always starts and i kill him.

I had the same problem, solved unmerging kde3.5 :P

In facts deleting /env.d/44kdepaths solves the problems for kde3.5, but creates problem for kde4

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." --Oscar Wilde.
Zephyrus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the wiki: http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/kde/wiki/CommonProblems
----

• Problem: I installed KDE4 in parallel with KDE3 and now KDM4 instead of KDM3 starts at boot time and even if I starts a KDE3 session, KDE4 programs still seems to have the precedence over their 3.x counterpart.
  • Resolution: By default every new version of KDE has the precedence over the old one. To restore the status of KDE3, execute the following commands:
    rm /etc/env.d/44kdepaths-kde-svn (or rm /etc/env.d/44kdepaths-kde-4 if are using a non-live ebuild)
    env-update
    source /etc/profile

and after that, restart KDM. However please note that now you should care to set the environment correctly before running KDE4 applications, as described in the sections of this guide which describe how to run KDE4 applications.

---
Are you sure you're setting up the correct environment before starting KDE4?
dracula1985
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dracula1985 wrote:
I don't know if it's an only mine problem, but the clock on the bottom side bar don't works, it remains at the time of the kde's starting.
Also, at kde's starting, some error dialogs appears, telling me that some applets (or widgets, I can't remember now) don't works...

Those are the erros dialogs appearing when my kde4 starts. Are all "Applet Loading Error":
The Desktop Preview & Page applet could not be loaded. Please check you installation.
The Taskbar applet could not be loaded. Please check you installation.
The Clock applet could not be loaded. Please check you installation.

Is it normal or there is something wrong in my kde4?

Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracula with my happens the same ,is because the apps is not ready ,and i d"ont remove kde 3.5 ,k3b and amarok not works after k3b and amarok still needs kde 3.5 :cry:
when i use superkaramba tells kde version 3.5.7.
dracula1985
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maleita wrote:
Dracula with my happens the same ,is because the apps is not ready ,and i d"ont remove kde 3.5 ,k3b and amarok not works after k3b and amarok still needs kde 3.5 :cry:
when i use superkaramba tells kde version 3.5.7.

Yes, I know, I think I have only kdebase of kde-3.5.7...

Thargor
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4 doesn't compile for me:
Code:
CMAKE_COMPILER_VERBOSE="1" LDFLAGS="" CFLAGS="" CXXFLAGS="" MAKEOPTS="-j1" emerge -v1 kdeartwork

Code:
[ 14%] Building CXX object kscreensaver/kdesavers/CMakeFiles/keuphoria.kss.dir/Euphoria.o
/usr/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++   -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -ansi -Wundef -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-security -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -O2 -g -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork_build/kscreensaver/kdesavers -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork-9999.4/kscreensaver/kdesavers -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork-9999.4 -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork_build -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/Qt -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/default -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/Qt3Support -I/usr/include/qt4/QtAssistant -I/usr/include/qt4/QtDesigner -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4/QtScript -I/usr/include/qt4/QtUiTools -I/usr/include/qt4/QtTest -I/usr/include/qt4/QtDBus -I/usr/kde/svn/include -I/usr/kde/svn/include/KDE -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/X11   -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -D_REENTRANT -DKDE_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DQT3_SUPPORT -o kscreensaver/kdesavers/CMakeFiles/keuphoria.kss.dir/Euphoria.o -c /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork-9999.4/kscreensaver/kdesavers/Euphoria.cpp
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork-9999.4/kscreensaver/kdesavers/Euphoria.cpp:1005: warning: unused parameter �name�
Linking CXX executable keuphoria.kss
cd /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork_build/kscreensaver/kdesavers && /usr/bin/cmake -P CMakeFiles/keuphoria.kss.dir/cmake_clean_target.cmake
cd /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork_build/kscreensaver/kdesavers && /usr/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++     -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -ansi -Wundef -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-security -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -O2 -g  -fPIC "CMakeFiles/keuphoria.kss.dir/keuphoria.kss_automoc.o" "CMakeFiles/keuphoria.kss.dir/Euphoria.o"   -o keuphoria.kss -rdynamic -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/qt4 -L/usr/kde/svn/lib -lQtSvg -lQtCore -lpthread -lkdecore -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXext -lXft -lXau -lXdmcp -lXpm -lQtGui -lQtXml -lkdefx -lXtst -lXcursor -lXfixes -lkdeui -lQtOpenGL -lkscreensaver -lQtNetwork -lQtDBus -lutil -lz -lbz2 -lresolv -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread -Wl,-rpath,/usr/kde/svn/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib/qt4:/usr/kde/svn/lib
CMakeFiles/keuphoria.kss.dir/Euphoria.o: In function `EuphoriaWidget::resizeGL(int, int)':
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork-9999.4/kscreensaver/kdesavers/Euphoria.cpp:623: undefined reference to `gluPerspective'
CMakeFiles/keuphoria.kss.dir/Euphoria.o: In function `EuphoriaWidget::paintGL()':
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork-9999.4/kscreensaver/kdesavers/Euphoria.cpp:535: undefined reference to `gluPerspective'
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork-9999.4/kscreensaver/kdesavers/Euphoria.cpp:573: undefined reference to `gluPerspective'
CMakeFiles/keuphoria.kss.dir/Euphoria.o: In function `EuphoriaWidget::updateParameters()':
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork-9999.4/kscreensaver/kdesavers/Euphoria.cpp:712: undefined reference to `gluBuild2DMipmaps'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [kscreensaver/kdesavers/keuphoria.kss] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork_build'
make[1]: *** [kscreensaver/kdesavers/CMakeFiles/keuphoria.kss.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/work/kdeartwork_build'
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *   ebuild.sh, line 1654:   Called dyn_compile
 *   ebuild.sh, line 990:   Called qa_call 'src_compile'
 *   ebuild.sh, line 44:   Called src_compile
 *   kdeartwork-9999.4.ebuild, line 31:   Called kde4-base_src_compile
 *   kde4-base.eclass, line 228:   Called kde4-base_src_make
 *   kde4-base.eclass, line 313:   Called cmake-utils_src_make
 *   cmake-utils.eclass, line 106:   Called die
 * Make failed!
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-9999.4/temp/build.log'.
 * This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/local/overlays/layman/kde/'

Full build.log here: http://rafb.net/p/9bkcN345.html
(It's not that big, but this way the thread stays easy to read)

Is there a variable for telling cmake not to color it's output? (that "[XX%] Building a" "[YY%] Linking b") Something like CMAKE_COMPILER_VERBOSE?
Zephyrus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Thargor:
  • about the colors - I've added the support for no-color builds: sync the overlay and use CMAKE_NO_COLOR=1
  • about the error - It seems that you and fb have the same issue. Do you happen to use --as-needed aswell? Can you post your emerge --info?

Last edited by Zephyrus on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thargor
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the colors. :D

emerge --info
Code:
Portage 2.1.3.9 (default-linux/x86/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.2.0, glibc-2.6.1-r0, 2.6.22-gentoo-r6 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.22-gentoo-r6 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz
Timestamp of tree: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:20:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p17-r1
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.33-r1
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r5, 2.5.1-r2
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.0_rc4-r1
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r2
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.24
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.22-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=prescott -mcpu=prescott -mtune=prescott -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/kde/svn/env /usr/kde/svn/share/config /usr/kde/svn/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/splash /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=prescott -mcpu=prescott -mtune=prescott -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/linux/gentoo/ ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/Linux/gentoo http://linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/download/gentoo-mirror/ http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo ftp://linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/gentoo-mirror/ ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo ftp://ftp.join.uni-muenster.de/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo ftp://ftp.wh2.tu-dresden.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo ftp://ftp.join.uni-muenster.de/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo http://mirrors.sec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/gentoo/ http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/ ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.gentoo.mesh-solutions.com/gentoo/ http://pandemonium.tiscali.de/pub/gentoo/ ftp://pandemonium.tiscali.de/pub/gentoo/ http://gentoo.intergenia.de http://gentoo.mneisen.org/ ftp://ftp.mneisen.org/gentoo "
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="de"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/overlays/layman/planeshift /usr/local/overlays/layman/nouveau /usr/local/overlays/layman/portato /usr/local/overlays/layman/einit /usr/local/overlays/layman/kde /usr/local/overlays/layman/lila-theme /usr/local/overlays/layman/custom-kernels /usr/local/overlays/local"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi alsa ao audiofile bash-completion berkdb bitmap-fonts branding bzip2 cairo cdda cddb cdparanoia cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dbus directfb dri dts dvd dvdr dvdread emboss encode evo exif fam fbcon ffmpeg firefox flac fortran ftp gdbm ggi gif gimp gnutls gpm gstreamer gtk hal iconv ieee1394 imagemagick imlib isdnlog java javascript jpeg jpeg2k kde kdehiddenvisibility logitech-mouse logrotate lzo mad matroska midi mikmod mmx mmxext mng mp3 mpeg mudflap musicbrainz ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin offensive ogg openal opengl openmp oss pam pcre pdf perl png ppds pppd python qt3 qt3support qt4 quicktime rar readline reflection samba sdl session speex spell spl sqlite sqlite3 sse sse2 sse3 ssl ssse3 startup-notification svg svga sysfs tcpd tetex theora threads tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode usb vcd vidix vim-syntax vorbis win32codecs wma x264 x86 xcb xml xorg xosd xscreensaver xulrunner xv xvid zip zlib zsh-completion" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" CAMERAS="*" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="mouse keyboard evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="de" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia nv vesa"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Yes I use --as-needed because after the "expat-issue" I don't want the half of my system to link against nearly everything ;)
Phoenix591
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the messages that the clock, systrey and even the taskbar can't be loaded, it seems that the solution is to unemerge kde 3.5 or remove that one environment file, is that right? If so is there a kde4 port of amarok and how could I set it up so that it loads the kde3.5 variables for kde3 and the kde4 variables for kde4?
Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5060/lancelotii9.png
last sync in overlay kills kicker 8O
dracula1985
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maleita wrote:
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5060/lancelotii9.png
last sync in overlay kills kicker 8O

Same problem for me since 2 or 3 days ago.
All the bars are gone, I can launch kicker manually using "Run Command..." but I don't known how to launch the bottom bar with running apps...

The short keys didn't works, so if I reduce to icon a window I can't get it back. ;(

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 22 of 31

Jump to: