Evolution and maildir path
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Evolution and maildir path Reply with quote

I've been tooling with Evolution today. I was trying to set it up to use the local maildir. The problem was, when I clicked the button to browse to the path, it gave me a dailog that would actually let me select a folder. It seemed to insist that I must select a file. Only, when I selected a file in ~/.maildir, it complained that what I selected wasn't a folder! Is there a proper way to select a folder in this dialog?

I did eventually get it working by editing GConf directly, though even that was a pain since account settings are stored as a single xml string and gconf-editor gives you only a teensy text box to edit a list value.
daveg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nobody has the same problem? Then what do you folks use to access local mail - Thunderbird through IMAP? I may end up doing that anyway, but I wanted to give Evolution a good try.
dannypoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey yeah i have this prob too - really annoyed me - looks like i'll have to so the same gconf editing - perhaps filing a bug at bugs.gentoo.org will help - i might have a quick squiz at the code later and submit a patch - if you wanna file a bug and post ure workaround i'll see if i can get a patch in...

cheers

danny
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: