View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
threep
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: gforge Reply with quote

I just posted a very rough ebuild for gforge into the bug database (Gforge Feature Request). I am looking for testers to help ease the installation of gforge on gentoo servers.

Gforge requires a bunch of cron jobs. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to deal with these?

Also, how should the plugins in be handled? Do people want separate ebuilds or USE flags?

Lastly, I also have an ebuild to build mod_auth_gforge. This allows the admin to use the gforge database as an authentication mechanism for SVN (via Web DAV).

I posted that ebuild to the gforge forum.
gsurbey
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to say thanks for your ebuild and also to give some encouragement to your efforts since I currently manage a GForge server running on Gentoo.
threep
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I wonder, have you tried the ebuild? How did it work? What did you like/dislike?
BG_DanMan_BG
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: gforge ebuild Reply with quote

It has been a while since the last post in here but anyhow ...

I tried that ebuild which by the looks of it installed all the needed stuff ...

I manged to configure the database ... however i am not quite sure where to place all the required configuration files (e.g. vhost.config, local.inc etc.) and how to get the vhost to run properly. Is there more info on the gforge configuration process with webapp on Gentoo.

All i have right now is a blank page when i try http://localhost/gforge in my browser. Gforge is not logging anything under /var/log/gforge so i have now idea where the problem is ... any suggestions ? :roll:
threep
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a while since I looked at this, but I believe that a vhost configuration file is installed into /etc/apache/conf/vhosts. You need to enable that configuration, but I do not remember the mechanism. Look for the gentoo apache guide; I tried to stay true to gentoo standards.

Additionally, there should be an 'etc' folder within the vhost directory in /var/www. Try to change settings within that directory. As a last resort, try setting a symlink from /etc/gforge to /var/www/gforge.local.domain/etc. My test site was originally set up there, and I may have forgotten to migrate a setting along the way.

I hope that helps. Good Luck.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: